The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
Yeah I'm sure it is. Did you notice the size of the gap beetwen the floor seats and the "common folk" in the tiers. Must have made for an odd atmosphere.

Yeah that looked weird, it was like billionaires row then a large gap for the "peasant" seats.

The Lesnar\Reigns match really again just proved that (a) Vince is a lunatic for paying Lesnar what he is, and (b) Reigns is incredibly lacking. The only "new" move that was introduced was a powerbomb by Reigns, besides that it was the same suplex\spear\superman punch\f5 a-thon that their mania match was. Then you had the botched ending with them going through the cage, Reigns rolling off the wire to the mat (with Lesnar still laying on it with his feet elevated half way up to the ring apron) so Reigns touched the floor with both his feet first, then the commentators scrambling to say that Lesnar's back counted as his feet even though he was still on the cage wire.

Lesnar needs to disappear imo, he's been phoning it in since he returned and getting paid millions, for a while the crowd were on board with his laziness with this "suplex city" **** but they have now FINALLY clued into the fact he's just a lazy fat *****. And if anything its making Reigns look as bad as all he can do is the same 2 moves over and over in their matches.

Soldato
First time post in here, I was at WWE Live on Friday at Sheffield and from what I gathered before the show, it was a Smackdown event. It was a late birthday present for my girlfriends son (12), I've not watched WWF/E since around 2003 so the only wrestler I could say I "knew" was Jeff Hardy. I do keep tabs on WWE around the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania but apart from that I'm basically a newbie to it.

It started off with a triple threat tag-team match between The New Day, The Usos and whoever are the current champions on Smackdown are (I forget) was really good. There was an NXT match, which lasted about 4/5 mins, is NXT like a development show or something ? Was good to see Jeff Hardy hold a belt (United States Championship?) he finished with the Swanton Bomb which was a nice blast from the past for me. Is Matt Hardy on Raw? They had a few more matches which I can't remember and then a 4v4 women's tag match. It was pretty decent but nothing to write home about. Plenty of Woooo's for Charlotte Flair which was good.

The Miz vs Daniel Bryan was very good, lots of close 3 counts. I've heard of Daniel Bryan, he got a huge reaction from the crowd, Yes! Yes! Yes! all around and he won so everyone was happy. I thought The Miz was a good heel but I know nothing about him.

The main event was AJ Styles who I have heard of from my days playing Extreme Warfare Revenge on the PC, he faced off against Shinsuke Nakamura which then turned into a 3 man tag team match which AJ won, against he got a huge pop been the WWE World Champion of Smackdown but overall I wasn't a fan of the match and would have preferred to see a 1v1.

Overall, my first WWE live event since Rebellion in 2000, I loved it, it was really entertaining, I knew no titles were going to change hands but it was still fun. My girlfriends son had a great time, lost his voice and I ended up getting him a New Day t-shirt for £10 which I thought was a steal, I was expecting to pay around £25. I would get tickets if they came back again, hopefully that'll be a Raw show, too. It has whetted my appetite to watch WWE again. I am thinking of subscribing to the Network as I don't have Sky Sports as that has Raw, Smackdown and all PPV's included, right?

When is the next PPV due by the way? I'll watch that and see if I enjoy it and hopefully you'll see me around here more often.

Last edited:
Soldato
Next PPV is 17th June - Money in the Bank.

Get the free trial of the network and see what you think. You'll get all the PPV's (past, present and future!), RAW/Smackdown on a 30 day delay (US TV deal limitation) and more importantly you'll get access to NXT and it's special events known as 'Takerovers' - they only run ~5 a year so they feel important!

Additionally you get things like 205 Live (cruiserweights - been decent recently!), Camp WWE (adult cartoon featuring wrestlers as kids - not a good explanation but it's gold!) and other cool shows like Table for 3 (3 legends/rivals etc shooting the breeze over food), Ride Along, Edge and Christian show and Swerved.

Well worth a look.

Be warned though the current main roster product (RAW/Smackdown) is generally HOT GARBAGE but things like 205 Live and NXT are much better laid out.

Soldato
Vader died on monday, he said just under 2 years ago his cardiologist reckoned he had 2 years left to live, pneumonia ended up taking him. :(
That's sad. I've not really watched wrestling since the days of his and Sting's rivalry in WCW, but found myself looking into it more in the past year or two, including an old match featuring Vader where his eye actually pops out mid-match and he still finishes! Takes his mask off, pops it back in and carries on - such a pro.

That moonsault of his was quite marvellous from such a big guy.

Soldato
RIP Vader, I cam still remember the WCW days on terrestrial TV, he dominated everyone as champion, though that match when he dropped the title against Simmons is still a vivid memory!!!!

Fantastic "big guy" wrestler!

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom