Prescription swimming goggles

Associate
And then what? Do you put another set of dailies in? Thats just stupidly expensive 2 sets of lenses a day......

Depends how often you go to the pool. To be fair I’m only once every month or 2 with the little one, and then would usually just put glasses on afterwards. I don’t where contacts every day as my eyes aren’t too bad at all, only wear glasses for driving, tv, presentations, etc usually.

Caporegime
Prescription swimming goggles
Has anyone purchases full prescription swimming goggles, rather than ones which estimate to nearest dioptre and don't help with astigmatism?

Not sure if this helps but I bought a pair of the approximate ones - you can buy each lense seperately to match differences between your eyes - and they're fine. Yeah they don't correct for my astigmatism (which is pretty bad) but, honesty, you don't need to see that well when you're swimming anyway.

Associate
How much astigmatism do you have? Most people get by with a best vision approximation. Also, if you're short sighted and do a lot of swimming perhaps you could consider Eye Dream/Ortho-keratology.
This!

My main issue was reading the clock for timing laps, not being late for work etc
Been wearing Ortho-K lenses for 4 years and not had to worry about loosing an eye (or lenses) when swimming
Best decision I made

Soldato
OP
Why do you need to be able to see 20 /20 though?
Serious question.or is your eyesight that bad that you can`t see the thick line or end wall :)

Well it is actually for playing with my daughter in the pool and sea while on holiday, my vision without glasses is so poor I couldn't tell if there was water in the pool or not.
I could barely make out the blue line, and I couldn't make out the wall at the end of the pool easily.
If I go to the sea, I either wade to waist/chest height, and wear my glasses, as if i don't I could lose/misplace my daughter.
I'd like to have the option for better vision than the basic dioptre goggles afford, and get full prescription one.
Just wondering if anyone had done it previously.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Personally I use daily lenses. I don't actually wear them every day (depending on what I'm doing at work that day) so I do get a build-up of spare lenses to use. As above, change them as soon as I'm out of the water and stick glasses on or new lenses in.

Soldato
OP
Are these any good for you? I ordered 2 pairs of reading glasses for them in their recent flash sale for £11.85 including delivery and they are perfect. Good customer service too.

They are like the ones I have correct one type but not everything.
Ta anyway, Was mostly looking personal experience from anyone who had full prescription ones made, or bought, where they got them, and how much they paid.

Looks to be £85-£125.

Soldato
what's a link for a full prescription contenders ?

for pool swimming goggles inevitably get knocked and suffer some handling scratches. eg applying anti-fog so last maybe 2years. Skirts perish&delaminate irrespective of use too.
poly-carbonate that some full prescription offer, whilst hard and easy to grind accurately, has chromatic aberration, so can appear like a prism ..
so I would be after return if not happy for >=£180

Soldato
Well it is actually for playing with my daughter in the pool and sea while on holiday, my vision without glasses is so poor I couldn't tell if there was water in the pool or not.
I could barely make out the blue line, and I couldn't make out the wall at the end of the pool easily.
If I go to the sea, I either wade to waist/chest height, and wear my glasses, as if i don't I could lose/misplace my daughter.
I'd like to have the option for better vision than the basic dioptre goggles afford, and get full prescription one.
Just wondering if anyone had done it previously.

Woah, what is your prescription?

Soldato
OP
what's a link for a full prescription contenders ?

for pool swimming goggles inevitably get knocked and suffer some handling scratches. eg applying anti-fog so last maybe 2years. Skirts perish&delaminate irrespective of use too.
poly-carbonate that some full prescription offer, whilst hard and easy to grind accurately, has chromatic aberration, so can appear like a prism ..
so I would be after return if not happy for >=£180

Something like this

https://www.sportseyeweardirect.co.uk/Aquaviz-Swim-Mask-with-insert-to-prescription-

or
https://www.sportseyeweardirect.co.uk/Seac-Sub-Full-Prescription-Swimming-Goggles

Caporegime
Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

And yet it clearly wasn't as multiple people had the same question and someone was able to give a reasonable answer.

8yVfoo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom