What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I also got an irrational dislike but for Brad Pitt, I am sure it was on purpose but the way he played Achilles was like a Man Child, broody and moody chucking his toys out his pram over the slightest thing and generally being unlikable.

Put me right off! lol

Hector on the other hand (played by Eric Bana) was a mature level headed warrior with skill in strategy and Wisdom beyond his years... he should have won.

I know the movie is not very close to the actual story and a lot was left out but the way it played out in the movie just left me with a bad taste in my mouth, if the King of Troy had listened to Hector through the whole war instead of the stupid holy man and other idiots then the Trojans would have won with ease!

Also the one time Paris (played by Orlando Bloom) actually says something wise "We should burn it" referring to the wooden horse again the King listens to the stupid holy man and again it all goes **** up!

All I remember is Diane Kruger *drools*

Associate
King of Kong A Fistful of Quarters

Decided to rewatch this after learning that Billy Mitchell had apparently "cheated" to get his high scores by using MAME rather than actual arcade hardware. It's such a great videogame documentary, the Rocky of them really, with the slimey villain and the clean cut hero rising to meet the challenge, despite hardship and discouragement.

Soldato
MI: Fallout. I enjoyed it.

Tom Cruise has an ego so large it must be compensating for something and he’s not an actor I particularly like, but I do enjoy the MI films.

Good solid fun but once again a film uses the wrong engine sound for a motorbike, this time it’s the 3 cylinder Triump Tiger 800 which has a very distinctive sound that only 3 cylinders make.

Caporegime
MI: Fallout. I enjoyed it.

Tom Cruise has an ego so large it must be compensating for something and he’s not an actor I particularly like, but I do enjoy the MI films.

Good solid fun but once again a film uses the wrong engine sound for a motorbike, this time it’s the 3 cylinder Triump Tiger 800 which has a very distinctive sound that only 3 cylinders make.

I’m impressed with your motorbike knowledge!

Soldato
Kill Bill 1+2

Watched these over the last couple of nights. Haven't seen them in ages and forgot just how good they are.

And they receive a 9/10 rating from me.

Soldato
Baywatch - 2/10.

Absolute trash, I can’t think of one part of it that was genuinely funny.
Alexandra Daddario’s eyes scare me, but she has other things to distract me from them! :D
So, it gets 1 point just for her and another for Zak Efron’s body being just ridiculous. I have man envy.

Soldato
Hacksaw Ridge - a true life war film about a seventh day adventist in WWII, his religious beliefs and family history forbade him from touching a gun but he made it to the front lines and became an inspiration. The film features some amazing scenes of death and devastation, slightly held back by its low budget but overall a truly moving film. 4/5

Caporegime
Love, Simon - really enjoyed this, surprisingly. Wife wanted to watch a rom com/drama style movie (she loves that kinda stuff...things like the Notebook etc) and whilst it's not what I normally go for, I took a look for a list online. Found this Love, Simon. Synopsis sounded different from the norm so decided to give it a go.

Overall we really enjoyed it. Some very well placed funny moments and its a "typical" teen drama movie but dealing with a VERY real world issue which lots of millennials are getting the courage to go through. I liked the message and delivery.

If you're in the mood for something easy going, go for it :)

Soldato
Thor: Ragnarok

9/10

My favourite Marvel film so far. Korg alone made it a brilliant film, hilarious character

Perfect film for a miserable wet Sunday. I didn't want it to end as it was all just really well done. Korg most definitely the funniest parts. Need to watch again but without the nearly 3yr old constant interruptions. 9/10

Associate
Mission: Impossible Fallout (2018) - 8/10

An entertaining action film full of marvelous stunts, thrilling set pieces and exciting chase scenes.

The story is the weak part, functional and derivative, but has plenty of double crosses and a world threatening scale to it.

Good use of light hearted moments and a strong supporting cast, although Cruise is the star of the show and in this case, deserves it as he continues to dominate with his screen presence.

Overall, a great, fun film with a clever plot and fantastic action pieces.

Associate
Alien 3 : Special Edition : 7/10.
Liked the extra 30 minutes , although some of the CGI is a bit crap.
Got Alien 4 : SE to watch next but it will have to have some amazing extra scenes to make that film more than a mediocre 4/10 film.

Back
Top Bottom