Is anyone using a 40+" tv as a monitor?

Associate
Hi all, first post here. /waves

I'm in the market for a much larger screen as my eyesight is getting worse, one of the joys of getting old.

I currently use an aoc Q2770P @2560x1440 and an old Iiyama 17" @1280x1024.

I have 2 computers attached, one for programming and gaming for mmo's like world of warcraft and the elder scrolls online, the other is used for music production. I'm happy with gaming on the AOC running at 59 Hz with my gtx 970 so i'm not looking for a super fast gaming screen.

I was originally interested in the Philips 436M6VBPAB but after reading the thread about it I'm thinking more about getting a TV instead.

One other thing, i'm looking for a flicker free screen.

So can anyone recommend a suitable 4K tv or monitor for me around 40" to 49".

Thanks for reading.

Soldato
I use a Samsung MU6400 49", seems great to me, was playing The Crew 2 on it. Also seems to be usable as a monitor for non gaming activities when sat at the sofa, seems just the right size.

Associate
samsung UHD tv's use va panels and in game mode have very low input lag (~21ms or something like that)
I use a monitor on a daily basis but every now and then I take me pc to the living room and i connect it to ma 55" KU6400.... its brilliant..
i was thinking about getting a 40" tv as a monitor... but windows scaling issues are a big problem... 1440p on a 25" or 27" monitor looks the best IMHO.

Associate
I was at a store the other day and saw this tv: Sony kd43xf8505bu the picture looked pretty nice and 43" is a nice size. I couldnt find any details on using it as a monitor thou. Anyone have any info on this one?

Soldato
I was at a store the other day and saw this tv: Sony kd43xf8505bu the picture looked pretty nice and 43" is a nice size. I couldnt find any details on using it as a monitor thou. Anyone have any info on this one?

The XF85 seems to get good user reviews as a TV, but I've not seen anyone use one as a PC monitor... probably because given its price of over £850, that would get you a far better dedicated PC monitor! It's pretty daft to spend that much on this if you're only using it for a PC... there are simply better monitor options for that money. It does have a 120Hz native panel supposedly, but what purpose that serves with only HDMI ports I am not sure... you won't be getting that speed, only 60Hz max.

Back
Top Bottom