What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Baby Driver - 4/10

It felt to me like it was trying to combine lots of different genres and for me it never quite succeeded.

American Assassin - 5/10

Pretty silly film but enjoyably silly. Some of the dialogue is laughably bad. I did enjoy it more than Baby Driver though haha!

Soldato
Alien 3 : Special Edition : 7/10.
Liked the extra 30 minutes , although some of the CGI is a bit crap.
Got Alien 4 : SE to watch next but it will have to have some amazing extra scenes to make that film more than a mediocre 4/10 film.

The changes to Alien 3 assembly cut, made quite a difference to the film. The same cannot be said for the director's cut of Resurrection. There's a few new scenes and some changes which add around 4 mins after a quick search, but nothing that does anything to improve the film. If anything, the theatrical version is better; or, maybe you could say, less bad. :p

Caporegime
Anomalous.

Schizophrenic David Jacobs (an inexperienced Edgar Fox) seeks treatment from a psychiatrist Robert Emett Friedhoff (an old Lluís Homar) who treats him using experimental methods. When Jacobs is found dead in his bathtub, suspicion falls upon Friedhoff.

Maia Kensington (a young Christy Escobar) leads the investigation, confronting Friedhoff with evidence from Jacobs' increasingly erratic video diary.

As the sad tale of Jacobs' death unfolds, the audience must decide: is this just another case of schizophrenia gone wrong, or is it... ANOMALOUS?!

I rate Anomalous at 23.31 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a mildly deranged 7/10 on IMDB.

Anon.
In a future world of Brutalist architecture, where cybernetic eye implants connect everyone to a universal network and a visual record of every experience is uploaded to the cloud, police solve crimes by replaying personal video feeds to determine who was responsible.

A sudden outbreak of seemingly unconnected murders throws the entire system into chaos, as authorities cannot find a single video of the culprit. It seems that in a world where no identity is hidden, someone has somehow managed to become... ANON!

I rate Anon at 23.31 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a twisty 7/10 on IMDB.

Frozen River.
A destitute member of the working poor struggles to pay her mounting bills while feeding her two young boys on a healthy diet of popcorn and carbonated beverages.

During a particularly brutal winter she inadvertently stumbles upon an 'alternative' source of revenue, but it is not without serious moral implications. Meanwhile, one of her sons steals money from old people. Because screw old people, amirite? Bloody old people. :rolleyes:

As the authorities close in, pressure intensifies, and our protagonist with left with a terrible choice: will she keep her morals and lose her house, or will she risk it all and cross.... the FROZEN RIVER?!

I rate Frozen River at 23.31 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a depressing 7/10 on IMDB.

Pyewacket.
A teenage girl hates her mother, as most teenage girls do. At the height of her rage she attempts to summon the mysterious demon Pyewacket, commanding him to kill her mother so she can run away and become a happy orphan.

The results of the ritual appear inconclusive, but during the next few days mysterious shenanigans ensue, and the daughter begins to suspect she has actually summoned... PYEWACKET!

I rate Pyewacket at 23.31 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a dysfunctional 7/10 on IMDB.

Radius.
A young man awakes with bad case of amnesia, to discover that people are inexplicably dying all over the place. Gingerly exploring his immediate environment, he is inexorably drawn to the uncomfortable conclusion that he is the one who's killing them... somehow. :confused:

When he meets a young woman suffering equally from amnesia, they sense an unusual bond that may be connected to events that occurred before they both blacked out. Meanwhile, people keep dying and the police are understandably irritated.

As memories slowly return, the horrible truth emerges. Can the young man prove his innocence to the police, and how will he keep unsuspecting members of the public outside his deadly... RADIUS?!

I rate Radius at 23.31 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a surprisingly creative 7/10 on IMDB.

fez

fez

Caporegime
War for the planet of the Apes - 8/10

Really enjoyed it after being quite disappointed with the second film for some reason. I liked the first one as well.

Thought that pacing was really good and it was surprisingly emotional.

Soldato
Ghost in the Shell - I've never watched the Anime so completely new for me. Overall I found it really enjoyable, some good action and visually very cool. 7/10.

Back
Top Bottom