• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1070Ti performance

Associate
I have recently purchased a 1070Ti FTW 2 edition and have run into some issues regarding GPU usage during games. When I first got the card there were no obvious issues and my fps were high and stable. A few days later I have run into the problem of the card only using 30-60% of itself during titles such as Battlefield 3/4 and even CSGO and this then results in lower fps than even my previous 970. I don't understand why this is the case as when running benchmarks such as Unigine Heaven, GPU usage stays at 98%. Before installation of this card, I even used DDU to ensure that there were no driver conflicts and there would be less issues overall. I have also rolled back the most recent driver to a May version, with no luck. I spoke to an EVGA employee to which I was told that it is most likely a software conflict. I would really appreciate any feedback from anyone with the same issue on a 10 series card as well at the 1070ti itself as this might be an issue which is common in many different cards. Thanks!
PC specs:
i7 6700
EVGA 1070ti ftw 2
16GB Corsair Vengeance
Gigabyte H170-D3HP mobo
1080p Resolution

Soldato
Unigine is okay but games aren't... could it be some auto-apply settings in GeForce Experience enabling Vsync on games?

Have you tried re-seating the card or a different slot, just to see if there's any difference?

Try different PCIe power cables from the PSU if it has extra.

Probably won't solve the issue but you can scratch them off the list so others can suggest alternatives.

Soldato
It's not abnormal for GPU to not hit 100% usage if it is already hitting the max refresh rate of the monitor with vsync enable without the need of the full load of the card.

I mean for example I have limited my max frame rate to 75fps (same as my monitor's refresh rate 75Hz), and when playing Killing Floor 2 on my Vega64, and it will have a solid 75fps but the GPU usage remain hovering between 60-80% usage.

If your frame rate actually drop below your monitor's max refresh rate and your GPU is not under full load, that THAT could be a case of CPU bottleneck. BF3/4 (especially server with 64 players), along with the physics of the destructible environment can be quite CPU taxing.

Believe it or not, your non-overclockable i7 6700 could potentially be a bottleneck on BF 3/4 when specific gaming circumstances are met. People overclocking their CPUs to 4.5-5.0GHz for a reason- it is not only for bragging rights, but because some games actually make use of those extra CPU grunt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom