The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
Too Cool had a hell of a run at a time when the tag division was red hot in WWE, I was surprised when I just looked that they were only Tag Team champs once but you look at the teams who held it either side of them (New Age Outlaws, Dudley Boyz, Edge and Christian, Hardy Boyz) they did well to get it at all!

Sadly another Wrestler who had his demons.

Soldato
Anyone watching WOS Wrestling on ITV? Just caught the last part of the ladder match and was very good.
I've been watching with my kids. Haven't really watched wrestling since the early nineties , but it's pretty good, albeit a bit too heavy on the novelty matches (both title matches being 3-way, for example )

Seeing will osprey in action was quite something. The guy's like an alien species or something , the stuff he can do.

Daughter (5) wasn't really enjoying it until the women's match: then she was all over it! Son (8) into it all the way. Showed him an old Sting - Van Vader match which he also loved

Soldato
Sad news... Sad that all of those great athletes have gone.

Jim Neidhart had big problems with drink and drugs in the past and you could tell it from the couple of eps he was on Total Divas. That said I was a big fan of the original Hart Foundation and I don't remember a tag team in recent years that even compared.

RIP Big man!

Caporegime
Sad news... Sad that all of those great athletes have gone.

Jim Neidhart had big problems with drink and drugs in the past and you could tell it from the couple of eps he was on Total Divas. That said I was a big fan of the original Hart Foundation and I don't remember a tag team in recent years that even compared.

RIP Big man!

There's a video of him and Bret on youtube and he looks like he's on something in it, he's really twitchy and just not himself. Apparently he had alzheimer's as well.

Soldato
Oh yes, there is stories floating about of all sorts of stuff, alcohol, drugs, pain killers, abuse etc He was far from an angel but seemed to have made amends for that in recent times. I would think he was medicated in that video. I seem to recall him being bi-polar and certain meds do that to people.

None of that matters really anymore. The guy was a great entertainer and character along with being a big part of my childhood as a huge Hart Foundation fan.

Soldato
I’m surprised Jim Neidhart lasted as long as he did tbh. Having read nearly every wrestling autobiography there is seems he was into heavy alcohol, steroids and cocaine from his late teens. That’s a long hard living life of abuse. He’s looked bloated and in bad shape for the last 10-15yrs.
Seemed a really bad turnout for his funeral aswell the other day not many ex wrestlers there at all considering he was quite a big name. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom