Good lease deals on less than great cars

Man of Honour
With regards to road tax/VED, it is usually included and the car is taxed by the lease company but it depends on the agreement type.

Contract Hire includes VED, but some companies quote for Operating Lease agreements which usually don’t include tax and it’s down to the user to tax the vehicle. Some companies quote for an operating lease to give a lower headline cost.
Thanks.

Man of Honour
Can anyone help with this? :)

Any good lease deals knocking about to suit the requirements below? I'm asking for a friend since his current lease is almost over and he is looking for something to replace it.

Requirements
  • Medium sized family hatchback
  • Annual Millage - 6000
  • Fuel Type - Petrol
  • Budget - All of the above for as little £££ as possible
He ideally would like a Vauxhall Astra but anything in it's class with better numbers would do.

Octavia SE could fit the bill, 2yr lease comes in around £4.5k for the 1.0 or £5k for the 1.5. Has a very big boot for a hatchback (590L) so suitable for families.

Associate
Can vouch for the above RE: Octavia boot space. Running a VRS hatch with a 2 yr old and newborn. No issues so far, it copes great with all the stuff you need to carry in the boot, plus car seats in the rear.

Soldato
Octavia SE could fit the bill, 2yr lease comes in around £4.5k for the 1.0 or £5k for the 1.5. Has a very big boot for a hatchback (590L) so suitable for families.

Seems to tick all the criteria, I will suggest that and give you an update as to what he has decided to do. I think he potentially wants something over a longer term as he was surprised how fast his previous 2 year lease went by which can only reduce monthlys I suppose.

Can vouch for the above RE: Octavia boot space. Running a VRS hatch with a 2 yr old and newborn. No issues so far, it copes great with all the stuff you need to carry in the boot, plus car seats in the rear.

Thanks both.

Man of Honour
Depends on the deal, longer term doesn't necessarily mean reduced monthlies. 24months is cheapest based on the deals I was looking at:
https://www.nationalvehiclesolution....5-TSI-SE-Technology-5dr-Personal-Lease/74294

Reason is probably because the initial rental / admin fee don't change so gets spread over a longer term i.e. the 'average' monthly cost when you spread everything across the full term is reduced.

Caporegime
I had my local dealer match the lease deal so came with no admin fee. I have the 1.5 SE Tech estate at about 4k over 24 months. Load space, android auto and radar cruise are fantastic.

Soldato
Soldato
Why are lots of 'not cool, fast or big' cars on lease the same price as those cool, fast, big cars :(

I want a practical family car like the Ford Grand C-Max as I like the slidey doors and all the lease prices are on par or higher than some of these big motors. It's annoying me so.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Why are lots of 'not cool, fast or big' cars on lease the same price as those cool, fast, big cars :(

I want a practical family car like the Ford Grand C-Max as I like the slidey doors and all the lease prices are on par or higher than some of these big motors. It's annoying me so.
Low resale value? It's a shame the Touran doesn't have sliding doors. The Sharalambra does, but it's getting long in the tooth and it's hideously expensive. Perhaps the high GFV is high and makes for decent leasing costs?

Why not get something bigger and better than a C-Max if they cost the same..?

Soldato
I've never leased a car before but now in the market.

Im looking at a 150 St-line Ford Focus 2019
48 months, 10,000 miles is currently about £210 a month.

My question is, is there a better time to get a decent deal?. Im not desperate for a car for a couple of months and so can hold out until December if the companies have better offers on during the quieter months?.

Man of Honour
I would focus less on time of lease as longer term, say 48 months over 24 months can work out more expensive. The subsidised deals tend to be shorter term as they are looking at 2nd hand cars 2 years down the line with a nice year of warranty still left to run. It is also surprising how you can often get posh Bosh brands working out cheaper than Fords etc, so look wider than that. My advice is start with 'in stock' special offers and see what takes your fancy rather than a specific model of Ford.

Back
Top Bottom