The Show Off Your Tattoo Thread

Soldato
Thought it worth an ask here - has anyone experience of tattoo removal? Are there guidelines/reviews of suitable places anywhere? I keep coming across things like this "3D-Nanosure houses a dual wavelength ND:Yag Laser" and having no idea what it actually means (despite the pretty diagrams they also show). Also Picosure?

Any guidance on what I should be looking for when it comes to language/terminology used? Has anyone experience of successfully fully having a tattoo removed, or is there always going to be a faint shadow?

Thanks
From what I've seen of tattoo removal, it works really well if you're going to get it covered after, but never seen one that didn't leave a shadow.

Also a lot of good reputable tattoo studios also do removal, so I'd find one near you and go and have a chat

Associate
Thanks - I have tattoo studios near me, but I live on the edge of the fens, so it's hardly somewhere that you trust to have the latest tech...

There's a few skincare clinics nearby that offer the removal service and a free consultation, but the fact that it's unlikely to be completely removed is disheartening - ah, the folly of youth...

The current tattoo is of such a style that you couldn't really DO anything with it to make it more appealing, but I am not incredibly keen on getting it removed to just have to cover it over with another tattoo.

Would surgical excision be quicker? Or is this a bit extreme? The tattoo is on my shoulder/deltoid and covers about 5cm x 5cm...

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it normal practise for them to design the tattoo a day or two before your appointment? What if I turn up and don't like it?

Apologies, I'm a tattoo newbie.
I've had the artist phone me the night before asking some questions, showing he'd clearly just started then.
But every time I've had time at the start where we look at the design and talk about anything I didn't like, or wanted different.

Usually you've chosen them as your artist because you like their work, so it shouldn't need drastic adjustment

Associate
45219032_10160821240445618_7871145577059188736_n.jpg

Latest tattoo added to my calf sleeve

Soldato
Have had several laser tattoo removals done on 4 tats i have. Can hardly see them now. Very very fine 'shadow' as mentioned above. Will go for one more treatment i think. Been done over a few years as takes time to heal, plus it is really painful plus cost!

Commissario
Five hours today, what's left is to do all the black around the prism along with the light beam, complete all the shading on the bricks and just tidy up anything which needs it. The rest will be done in a couple of months. I think he's done a superb job here, the detail on the men is incredible.

Plp9GZb.jpeg

Associate
Five hours today, what's left is to do all the black around the prism along with the light beam, complete all the shading on the bricks and just tidy up anything which needs it. The rest will be done in a couple of months. I think he's done a superb job here, the detail on the men is incredible.

Brilliant - I always loved Noel Edmunds. Why is he on fire tho?

Back
Top Bottom