Gwent Beta (PC/PS4/XBone)

Soldato
Is anyone else playing this? It's quite different from the game in The Witcher 3 but for the better IMO.

The only dodgy thing I've noticed is that the matchmaking can be a bit poor sometimes, especially in the Arena (at level 5 I didn't get matched with anyone under Level 32 so got soundly thrashed given my noobness). There are also a couple of pretty insane cards which feel like they may have slight balance issues (it's Beta anyway) but apart from that it's great fun.

I'm playing on PS4 at the moment and I'll be honest, I'm getting addicted. Mostly sticking to Northern Realms in online play although the Monster deck has some really interesting abilities. I have no idea if play is cross-platform or not.

Feel free to share tips...

I'll start by saying it's a pain getting stuck with a unit from a card draw+play that has a damage power when there are no vulnerable enemy units on the board as you have to damage your own troops, so be careful playing those (I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug). :)

Soldato
They are completely re-doing the game after making many mistakes in open beta.

Another 3-6 months from now for them to release their improvements and the single player campaign.

Soldato
OP
They are completely re-doing the game after making many mistakes in open beta.

Another 3-6 months from now for them to release their improvements and the single player campaign.
I'd say one mistake in open Beta could be having an actual, functioning cash shop. That struck me as odd, especially as you could end up being wiped for go live.

Still fun to play unless you're up against Royal Decree'd Sabbath with no kill cards :/

Back
Top Bottom