Which 750W/850W fully modular PSU?

Associate
Not overly fussed about bells and whistles, 5 year+ plus warranty would be good, reliability essential

Ideally the best one with regards to the above and value for money

Thanks

Man of Honour
Do you actually need that much power? Unless you have dual gpu's a 550/650w psu is more than enough. The pc in my siggy along with 12x 120mm fans, 4x 200mm fans, 2x fan controllers, 2x Temp monitors and a couple of leds for the reservoir only pulls 128-275w at the wall while gaming depending on the game and the very max I have managed to make it pull was 367w at the wall while using OCCT's psu torture test. Idling/ internet browsing is 72w at the wall. I have live power draw displayed in one of my fan controllers which is how I know what is being drawn all of the time.

I would be looking at the Seasonic Focus Plus gold series and the Antec HCG Gold series which are essentially the same psu housed in a different case. Both are rully modular and have 10 year warranties.

Associate
OP
we have a pc thats been playing up, 600w psu, never been right, plugged in my own 850w and sweet as a nut, hence why I am looking at bigger

Last edited:
Associate
OP
tell me about it, but not got time to mess about, I know the 850 worked, so time and money and all that :D

Associate
OP
A silverstone one that was 2nd hand 3 years ago, caked in crap and caused me to spend too many hours messing about with this pc, I used my XFX 850w in its place and voila, booted right up and was usable

Last edited:
Associate
Wouldn’t the 850w version be a better buy? It’s £124.99 and 15cm but able to support dual GPU’s, given you don’t want to change a PSU that often isn’t it worth getting the extra headroom and not end up with buyers remorse, since I regret only getting a 650w and not spending the extra!

Back
Top Bottom