Motherboard / CPU Temp Issues! (110°C)

Associate
Good Afternoon All,

After a bit of advice (or at the very least, an: 'I dont need to worry').

I have just finished my watercooled build with a new CPU and motherboard.

Thought everything was going brilliant: Running stock my 8700K seems to hit around 60-65°C.

I have installed HWiNFO64 (and Hardware monitor) to check everything over, and i have noticed that:
Under: MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B45) (Nuvoton NCT6795D) I have a CPU field. This shocked me when after an hour on PUBG was showing as 110°C, when the cpu was around 60...

On a cold boot the temperature seems to be around 40 and then climbs over time.

Basically, do i need to be concerned?!?

110°C for ANYTHING seems too hot!

Mobo: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: i7 8700K

Cheers!

Soldato
i've hit 116c on vrm for Gigabyte ITX Z370 board being cooled via water and little airflow over the VRMs. pushing 5.1ghz with 1.42 volts if i recall and I knew this was more then an ITX board VRM could handle .

but our full ATX board- shouldn't be that high on VRM unless our running a lot of volts through it?

Associate
OP
So I'm fairly sure it's not the package temperature.... under the CPU section the package temperature seems to have been within a couple of degrees of the core temperature...

Issue only seems to be under the motherboards sensor name... So message the software developer?

Seem to have controlled the temps somewhat by running the case fans a bit quicker (realised there is probably very little airflow across the motherboard with a watercooled pc-o11 dynamic.

Soldato
Seem to have controlled the temps somewhat by running the case fans a bit quicker (realised there is probably very little airflow across the motherboard with a watercooled pc-o11 dynamic.

You'll be surprised, 3 fans at the bottom and 3 at the top , you'll have a nice flowly air stream . Remove the bottom. And top filter and replace them ! Useless !!!!!!!! Also the side one if you've got side fans and buy a good fan filter or 360 filter like demicflex

Back
Top Bottom