Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
OP
Just finished Darksouls Remastered, and I am tempted to play it again in New Game+ mode, but I've decided to play Prey next. I'll be back on Darksouls 2/Bloodbourne(never completed either and have high level saves) if Prey doesn't float my boat though.

Soldato
-Red Dead Redemption

4 missions into Mexico and I think I'm giving up for now. Its just too boring and the open world is filled with nothing. Getting strong Assassin's Creed 1 vibes from this game despite it being a lot more open. The combat mechanics are really boring. Deadeye was cool to begin with but its crap now. Enemy design sucks. Missions are repetitive. The tutorial session and the farming was beyond dry. The dialogue is good but the story moves at a snails pace.

I'm sure in 2010 I would have loved this game but not right now.

I think this game has a heavy heavy coating of nostalgia when people re-call it. Games like BOTW have totally eclipsed this in regards to gameplay and how to build an open world whilst games like The Last of Us have provided us with far far more engrossing and engaging stories which move far more realistically from set piece to set piece. I feel like RDR is a huge compromise of both.

I'll give it a 7.0 but honestly from what I've played, it might be closer to a 6.

Soldato
OP
-Red Dead Redemption

4 missions into Mexico and I think I'm giving up for now. Its just too boring and the open world is filled with nothing. Getting strong Assassin's Creed 1 vibes from this game despite it being a lot more open. The combat mechanics are really boring. Deadeye was cool to begin with but its crap now. Enemy design sucks. Missions are repetitive. The tutorial session and the farming was beyond dry. The dialogue is good but the story moves at a snails pace.

I'm sure in 2010 I would have loved this game but not right now.

I think this game has a heavy heavy coating of nostalgia when people re-call it. Games like BOTW have totally eclipsed this in regards to gameplay and how to build an open world whilst games like The Last of Us have provided us with far far more engrossing and engaging stories which move far more realistically from set piece to set piece. I feel like RDR is a huge compromise of both.

I'll give it a 7.0 but honestly from what I've played, it might be closer to a 6.

Mexico is probably the most boring part of the game if i remember correctly. Must admit a remaster would have been welcome. That goes for all the GTA games too.

Soldato
Just completed Mad Max after my 3rd time dipping into it. Really enjoyed it and loved the ending. The car combat is cool and even the melee combat is decent once you start unlocking Max skills and gear. Well apart from boss battles. They are all the same!!!

My copy of Assassin's Creed Origin arrived today so just started that.

Soldato
Mexico is probably the most boring part of the game if i remember correctly. Must admit a remaster would have been welcome. That goes for all the GTA games too.

Yeah just not sure if its worth 10 hours of my time to get past the boring bit to get the good bit (which I've heard is the end-game and lasts around 2-3 hours)..

Soldato
I love the end, best ending ever in a game for me, just pipping Knights of the Old Republic mega twist!

Yeah I googled the ending today. Sounded like it would been great. I did try to play through the game a bit more before doing so but it really is just:

Ride horse to letter on mini-map -> cut scene -> ride horse to destination -> shoot people -> and repeat.

Soldato
Played horizon zerodawn to death (will go back again) just crossed 75 hours on assists creed origins and just started the doc today,will go back to far cry primal at some point,got 20 games to play yet but will probably start tomb raider.

Caporegime
I'm playing CODWW2 for the campaign and zombies, the campaign was quite enjoyable for the most part and zombies is proving a decent time sink. Got it in the sale so pretty happy with the purchase.

Still got the FC5 mars DLC to finish but not sure i'll manage it, not got a lot left but it feels like more of a chore than enjoyment at this stage.

Associate
Last couple of days, I Finished Campaigns in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on the Xbox One.
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard on the PC.
Both Great games and would recommend them.

Soldato
Finished Nier on PC (only ending/weapon hunt and some DLC arenas and side quests left to get 100%, will work on that). Also completed God of War, which was a bit disappointing in some regards, but I immediately felt like restarting on a higher difficulty and having more fun this time round, especially with the combat:p

So it's Tekken 7, God of War and I have to decide between:

-finishing Yakuza 6
-finishing Gravity Rush
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Horizon Zero Dawn Complete
-continuing with Uncharted 4 on Crushing

...and a couple of PS+ titles.

I hate sales, I get a game here and there and suddenly there's a lot more than I can reasonably go through.

Associate
PS4 Pro - Detroit

xbox one X - Fortnite, Skyrim and FIFA

PC - Battlefield 1, Fortnite and Football Manager

Nintendo Switch - Paladins, Sonic Mania and Mario Kart

Too many.

Soldato
currently having an absolute blast on no man's sky on ps4. Only bought it a few days ago for 14.99 on the psn store and already about 15 hours in.

I'd like to finish HZD as i played a lot of that but stopped. It'd be nice to get some other games in before Battlefield V comes out, because when it does, i suspect it will be getting most of my attention. :)

Back
Top Bottom