Good 2.0 Speakers?

Associate
I have an aging pair of Creative Labs 2.1 speakers which although they still work perfectly I'm considering if it's time to replace them. I mainly game on my PC, what would be a good set of speakers to get? I don't have a budget set, but don't want to hundreds of £s either.

Associate
I bought the Logitech z333 which I think were £50 as a cheap set to get me going. I think there so good I’m not even going to bother changing them.

Without knowing a budget it could be any set, these might come in low budget as it were

Associate
OP
To be honest it's just a bit of a whim at the moment, hence no budget. Probably be prepared to spend up to £150 maybe a little more, thought about some sort of virtual surround system but not sure how effective they are.

Associate
OP
What about the Razor Nommo Chroma speakers, just got a Chroma mouse/keyboard so would go nice with those. Also frees up a little space and gets rid of my sub.

Associate
OP
Saw the T40’s on another site and have to admit I’m very tempted, the do look a good option. And the more I think about it the more I like the idea of getting rid of the extra subwoofer.

Associate
You did say you wanted good Speakers? Why on earth you going for rubbish PC speakers? you will never beat a proper set up with Amp or even go for Active if you don't have the room. I have a pair of Ruark MR1 MK2 with a Rel T zero Sub and id never go back to pc speakers if you want decent sound

Associate
OP
I'm limited for space at the moment and although the Ruarks and Whalfedales look good I don't really have the space for them, I think I'll pickup a pair of the T40's for now and look at some better speakers down the line when I have room for them.

Soldato
Creative t40ii aren't bad speakers. Had a pair a while back before upgrading.

Mine had a very slight buzz during quiet patches but may just have been the big dent on the corner..

Soldato
Various reviews for them seem to be good, any particular reason for no?

Some time ago another member wanted these, but after getting them he found that they were not that good. I forget who it was, but I remember thinking that I wasn't surprised. Just another gimmcky product in my opinion, particularly the chroma version which adds RGB nonsense. Razer should stick to what they do best.

Much better speakers available for £150, such as; bookshelf speakers + SMSL SA36/SA50 amp, or if you'd prefer to have powered; Edifier R1600T III or Presonus Eris 4.5.

Shame you don't have more space. Creative T40 are OK, but needing speakers with a small footprint is the only reason to get them really. Edifier R1600T III are £10 more and offer a definite increase in quality.

Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom