What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Sorted it I think. No damp carpets or steam from the vents or fogging of windows this morning, anyway.

No idea where all this crap came from

vtwwBUWh.jpg

But after squeezing the pipe a bit, all the water that had been pooling below the heater matrix came pouring out:

And after some cleaning of the drainage pipe and hole:

Working as it should!

I'll be checking that drain plug/pipe periodically now. Thankfully it's dead easy to get to - one screw to remove the lower trim panel, and just peel back the carpet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started getting an odd creaking when brakeing... Same sound you get when you have the handbrake on but not quite enough and your on a hill...

So i spent a few hours cleaning the rear brake calipers.
Greased the sliding pins.
Replaced the pads.
Then painted them blue.

For some reason the sliding pins on the drivers side were actually hand loose... As if someone had loosened them... I took the car to get wheels balanced a few days before and the noise started after... The sceptic in me says that someone there did it!

Soldato
Started getting an odd creaking when brakeing... Same sound you get when you have the handbrake on but not quite enough and your on a hill...

So i spent a few hours cleaning the rear brake calipers.
Greased the sliding pins.
Replaced the pads.
Then painted them blue.

For some reason the sliding pins on the drivers side were actually hand loose... As if someone had loosened them... I took the car to get wheels balanced a few days before and the noise started after... The sceptic in me says that someone there did it!
mazda 3 mp creak? you seem to have all kinds of random noises with it.

Soldato
mazda 3 mp creak? you seem to have all kinds of random noises with it.
Yea, I've had lots of issues with this car, thankfully I can rectify most myself and enjoy doing it. I need to take it for a test drive to make sure the noise is gone now.

Not slept much due to newborn so trying to catch up with sleep -.-

Soldato
Took my 8 yr old Focus in for MOT today - passed with flying colours - Got it home and fitted the Greenstuff front disc pads - They seem to bite much better with less pedal pressure than old Ferodo ones - Just got to bed them in and hope they stay as they are. - At long last powerful brakes again - Yes the servo works - brake fluid has been changed and no leaks in the system. - Never been happy with them since had the car.

Associate
Got a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted on the back. Only problem is they seem to be rubbing slightly over big dips in the road which is a bit annoying because they're the exact same size as the Eagle F1s they replaced and I'm running standard wheels and tyre sizes. Even more annoying because it's an E46 and I could do without causing damage to wheel arches that are prone to rusting anyway. I've got some new trailing arm bushes coming and I'm probably going to get a pair of new rear springs so hopefully those combined with the tyres wearing a bit should sort the issue out.

Also picked up a new (to me) bonnet in the right colour for £40 and with a bit of cleaning and polishing it already looks a lot better than the current bonnet, but fitting it will be a job for the bank holiday weekend.

Caporegime
Picked up the ubiquitous Leon Cupra R splitter to fit to the front of the TT, and shipped a spare steering wheel off to Royal Steering Wheels to get retrimmed in alcantara.

Fingers crossed on winning the set of wheels I'm bidding on eBay for which ends tomorrow, then I can get these split-rim BBS RS2's sent for a decent refurb.

Soldato
Picked up the ubiquitous Leon Cupra R splitter to fit to the front of the TT, and shipped a spare steering wheel off to Royal Steering Wheels to get retrimmed in alcantara.

Fingers crossed on winning the set of wheels I'm bidding on eBay for which ends tomorrow, then I can get these split-rim BBS RS2's sent for a decent refurb.

Isn’t this your wife’s car?

Seems strange she’d want a custom retrimmed steering wheel, a bad boy splitter and some scene rims unless you’ve been smashing the overtime and want to treat her ;)

Man of Honour
Isn’t this your wife’s car?

Seems strange she’d want a custom retrimmed steering wheel, a bad boy splitter and some scene rims unless you’ve been smashing the overtime and want to treat her ;)

I thought the same. I thought he'd moved onto the world of high rollers in brand new cars these days.

Soldato
Up at 6.30 this morning and was cleaning car by 7.00 in lea of the house - Just the right temperature to wash it and no sun on it - back in the garage now before wind blows the dust up - the joys of living in the sticks with dry fields.

Soldato
I also got up at 6:30 this morning and was out by 7:00, but I went for a drive to add some more bugs:

sJHVG0Mh.jpg

Reprised a large part of the recent South-Eastern meet route across the A264 towards East Grinstead, over the Ashdown Forest from Wych Cross and back along the A264, up through Penshurst and home.

Back
Top Bottom