Micro-SD issues

Soldato
Not sure where to put this but figured here is best.

I've a 64gb MicroSD that i photographed a wedding on to 2 months ago, worked fine.

I've gone to format it in my Nikon D810 on Thursday and it failed, states it's locked.

I've tried it in a new adapter that i'd just used to format another and it failed again.

Popped it into the PC and it doesn't show in explorer, but does in diskmanager, but I can't do anything with it as all the options are greyed out.

I've installed SDFormatterv4 as suggested online, if I run the software with the SD already in the laptop it doesn't actually load. If I remove the Sd it'll load, but as soon as the card is put in the laptop the software dies.

If the SD is in the camera I can see all the photos indicating I can still read from it ok, none of the photos are locked. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Associate
With it connected try running command prompt as admin then type (don't type the quote marks :p ) "diskpart" this will launch diskpart in command prompt you want to do "list disks" look for one that matches the sd card then "select disk x" where x is the disk number for your sd card. "list partitions" then you want to go though them doing "select partition x" e.g. select partition 1 then "delete partition override" do this for all the partitions and try formatting it again.

Soldato
OP
Thanks @Danny091 I've just tried and it threw the following error.

DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. See the System Event Log for more information.

Checked the Event Viewer and can't see anything related.

I've a few more things to try from a google search regarding this error but it's looking like the card may be faulty as it's just not recognised in the laptops etc but only the camera.

Back
Top Bottom