Favorite Sandwich

Associate
If you can get some decent bread just some butter on it is magic but otherwise club or a BLT is pretty good, nice roast chicken with coleslaw and cheese or even a classic ploughman's.

Sandwiches are my favourite food ever

Soldato
we called it the iceberg when i was selling cars, somebody else made the name but from the local bakers

thick Doorstop cut bread
good qty Chicken mayo, bit of black pepper
Lettice
Sliced cheese

this was 15 years ago, i make it to this day its rather nice :D although filling

Caporegime
Ive never liked chicken and mayo. Don’t know why, just don’t. Now hot chicken and mustard, that’s a different story, nom!

I have sarnies for dinner a lot. When you think it’s bread, meats and vegetables all together, it can’t be any less healthy than a lot of dinners.

Soldato
Home made egg mayo with lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes then a generous handful of XL cheese crisps sitting just under the top slice

Or

Slices of leftover roast beef with some of the fat ,red onion and a little whole grain mustard

Also partial to a freshly cooked baguette with meatballs, bolognese and melted cheese

Soldato
I bloody love a sandwich. So much you can do... steak sandwich is a fav, something like ciabata with a nice med rare sliced steak, some horseradish and mayo, red onions, bit of lettuce.
Saying that, I love super simple sandwiches too... basically anything wedged in bread, then add crisps to make it the ultimate.

Associate
I'd love to learn to make coronation chicken sandwiches and chicken tikka sandwiches. Used to love those back in Uni days! Agree with steak sandwiches, especially with gherkin. Never tried a sandwich with crisps though, sounds weird!

Soldato
Soldato
I'd love to learn to make coronation chicken sandwiches and chicken tikka sandwiches. Used to love those back in Uni days! Agree with steak sandwiches, especially with gherkin. Never tried a sandwich with crisps though, sounds weird!

I make a batch of coronation chicken most weeks on a Sunday to feed me for the week, dead easy.

One teaspoon mango chutney
Lots of mayo
Couple of dollops of joghurt
1-2 heaped teaspoons of curry powder

Bake chicken, let it cool, then chop up and mix it all together. Best when left in the fridge overnight.

Then I just get some fresh bread from the bakery, slice or two or iceberg lettuce, then the coronation chicken. Delicious.

Man of Honour
Lightly toasted bread, buttered. Sliced roast chicken *preferably warm*, cucumber slices, raw onion. Occasionally some slightly melted emmental cheese.

Soldato
I was thinking on variations on the "crisp sandwich" phenomena and for some reason it popped into my head why not put 3 poppadoms and a spoonage of lime pickle in between two slices of bread. I have not done this but goddamn I will be buying the ingredients on the way home tonight.

Soldato
Philly steak
Beef and horseradish
Chicken Tikka
Coronation Chicken

any of those and i'm happy!

Oh and cheese and pickled onion is an instant blast back to childhood!

Back
Top Bottom