Huawei MediaPad M5

Associate
Anyone got the fairly recent Huawei MediaPad M5 specifically the 8.4 inch version? looks well speced and runs the newest version of andriod.

Wanting to buy a new 8 inch Android tablet for media consumption and gaming this looks like it fits the bill nicely, anyone got hands on experience?

Thanks

Associate
I just got the T3 8" and for the money you cannot go wrong well built a decent Display sound not the greatest but won't be using it for music or nothing just few Apps

Associate
OP
I just got the T3 8" and for the money you cannot go wrong well built a decent Display sound not the greatest but won't be using it for music or nothing just few Apps

i recently ordered the m5 8.4" in the recent rainforest sales got it for £215, just waiting for my mum to bring it out to Korea for me next week when she visits me. Pretty sure you can't go wrong at that price for a well speced andriod 8.0 tablet.

Soldato
I'm very tempted with this ahead of a 2nd hand Tab S2 - specs lookto be spot on but I can't decide between the 8 and 10 inch screen!

I like the circa 8" for media consumption but bigger is always better right? :p

Associate
When i ordered the T3 the 10" was going for same price as the 8 but the 8" was big enough for me most places are doing the 8" for £120 i got mine for £99 off rainforest i only got it to control hue lights and use it for MOode audio for the Rasp pi3 to control my music so wanted something bigger then a phone as my eye sight is getting poor now im 44 LOLOL

Soldato
Also eyeing up the M5.

However, doing some research I have found the chuwi hi9 air 10.1 which is even better specced, also with Android 8, yet only £200-£230. Bargain tbh, if happy with lesser know brand.

Gonna think about it ovre the weekend.

(Chuwi h9 8.4 is Android 7)

Associate
OP
Also eyeing up the M5.

However, doing some research I have found the chuwi hi9 air 10.1 which is even better specced, also with Android 8, yet only £200-£230. Bargain tbh, if happy with lesser know brand.

Gonna think about it ovre the weekend.

(Chuwi h9 8.4 is Android 7)

Interesting, never heard of that brand but specs look nice enough. It’s nice to see some less known brands filling the void of Well specd android tablets at responsible prices unlike the Samsung’s lol

Can get the Hi9 air for £156 on a certain well know chinese store, which is a great price. I probably would have taken a punt if I hadn’t just purchased the M5

Associate
OP
I ordered the 10.8" M5 after all.

nice, my mum arrives in Korea wednesday so looking forward to getting my new M5 8.4 from her. Make sure you update the firmware right away to enable netfilx HD etc as weirdly enough when it lanuched it didnt have the the right certificates etc for HD

Soldato
Just ordered from probably the same place stevie, got the £20 introductory rate too, so should be £247.50 after all cashback is paid! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom