The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Nice, i may get myself one. :)

The 75-300 lens i ordered from EGlobalCentral has been shipped via UPS. :)
Yes the 50mm is very good as is the 35mm.

I'm not a prime tog but there is a few on here like @Raymond Lin who only uses primes.

Primes are the best lens to have if you want to become a great photographer.

That's good news about the lens,let us know when it arrives :)

Caporegime
Got a LEE Filter holder and 105mm accessory ring for circular polariser off ebay for a bargain, £52 for both :)

Its in the UK, picking it up early Sept when I visit. In the meantime, I'm going to hunt for the lens adapter to put the filter on. Exciting! :)

Sellers pics for now.

lf1.jpg

lf2.jpg

Then its a case of finding filters... :o

Associate
Got a LEE Filter holder and 105mm accessory ring for circular polariser off ebay for a bargain, £52 for both :)

Its in the UK, picking it up early Sept when I visit. In the meantime, I'm going to hunt for the lens adapter to put the filter on. Exciting! :)

Sellers pics for now.

lf1.jpg

lf2.jpg

Then its a case of finding filters... :o

Nice. Yes the filters are expensive, even second hand.. I have the big and little stoppers, 2 and 3 stop hard edge ND grads and the 105mm circular polariser. Over 500 quids worth but worth every penny and will last years as long as i dont drop them! Has transformed my photography.

Caporegime
Nice. Yes the filters are expensive, even second hand.. I have the big and little stoppers, 2 and 3 stop hard edge ND grads and the 105mm circular polariser. Over 500 quids worth but worth every penny and will last years as long as i dont drop them! Has transformed my photography.
This is what I am hoping :)

I used a big stopper once before back in Iceland in 2013 and it really changed how I looked at photography. I am hoping to rekindle that. :)

Caporegime
The nifty fifty sold mine on but have 3 other manual prime FD 50mms

Yes the 50mm is very good as is the 35mm.

I'm not a prime tog but there is a few on here like @Raymond Lin who only uses primes.

Primes are the best lens to have if you want to become a great photographer.

That's good news about the lens,let us know when it arrives :)

I had the 50/1.8 too, not the STM, also had the Canon 50/1.4, had a go on my Cousin's Canon 50/1.2 once, now have a Sigma 50/1.4 Art and a Zeiss 50/1.4 Distagon. I guess I have had more 50mm than 35mm and 35mm is my favourite, but lately I am loving the 50mm more, especially if I am shooting just the 1 lens.

Man of Honour
Missus new Sony arrived for pro use, first impressions I'm blown away with IQ with the 24-70 GM... eye focus is god like. Not even tried primes yet (85mm F1.8 to follow)

Poor EM1 II cannot compete, but i'm gonna enjoy using it for landscapes, plus it will be backup shooter which it's more than capable of

cams.jpg

Caporegime
20180807_143948.jpg

Excuse the terrible lighting. This thing (Benro Slim Carbon Fibre) looks light years ahead of the mutant Manfrotto I currently own. Feels pretty light as well. Speedlight and wireless trigger next :cool:

Caporegime
No worries, happy to. To be honest, I didn't think I would actually get a CF tripod as once I started identifying models I quickly noticed my ~£100 was nowhere near close enough. Over the moon when I came across this.

I have a 1st birthday and a 2 day wedding in a field/glamping site coming up this month so hopefully should get some proper use.

Soldato
Got the 75-300mm lens today from EGlobalCentralUK, took 6 days for delivery, brand new sealed box, bargain really for £48. Need to work on my grip as i find the camera moves slightly when i'm trying to concentrate, quite a lot heavier than the 18-55mm too! :)

Here's a picture of the new lens.

5Bdsx19.jpg

Here's 2 pictures taken with the lens.

PZZ9X5j.jpg

6q3xiBM.jpg

Soldato
Got the 75-300mm lens today from EGlobalCentralUK, took 6 days for delivery, brand new sealed box, bargain really for £48. Need to work on my grip as i find the camera moves slightly when i'm trying to concentrate, quite a lot heavier than the 18-55mm too! :)

Here's a picture of the new lens.

5Bdsx19.jpg

Here's 2 pictures taken with the lens.

PZZ9X5j.jpg

6q3xiBM.jpg
Nice one dude :)

Back
Top Bottom