Xbox one s warranty?

Associate
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you have experienced this.

I bought the one s a few days ago, turns out after I registered it, it has came with 2 years warranty?

Found it a bit strange as the warranty is from the 15/7/2018? yet I bought it on the 31/7/2018

Do you guys think it could be a used xbox, and someone has registered it/bought extended warranty previously? Then sent it back as unwanted or maybe the xbox had a fault, got repaired then sent back out as new?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
just give xbox a ring and ask them to clarify and they will tell you if it was previously registered

I contacted them and they said the xbox one had been switched on 2 weeks prior hence why the warranty is from the 15/7/2018.

I don’t know if that means its been used or it has been tested before being shipped ect? the box was sealed, the manufacturer date is from end of march 2018. I have 2 years warranty instead of 1 also so I dont know if I should get it replaced or just keep it.

its really bugging me not knowning if it has been used previously.

Associate
it seems a little weird it was turned on and the warranty activated 2 weeks before your purchase as normally if there tested in the factory etc that wouldn't start your warranty as they would not know when that machine would sell, potentially that could have sat there for ages

Associate
OP
it seems a little weird it was turned on and the warranty activated 2 weeks before your purchase as normally if there tested in the factory etc that wouldn't start your warranty as they would not know when that machine would sell, potentially that could have sat there for ages

Yeah it does seem a bit weird. I did read that warranty takes affect once the supplier scans it in to the store? not sure if thats why it has started 2 weeks prior with argos scanning it in on their system once receiving it.

The seal on the box wasn’t broken/tamepred with so its a complete head **** lol!.

Associate
Yeah it does seem a bit weird. I did read that warranty takes affect once the supplier scans it in to the store? not sure if thats why it has started 2 weeks prior with argos scanning it in on their system once receiving it.

The seal on the box wasn’t broken/tamepred with so its a complete head **** lol!.
I wouldn't have thought that would be the case as that console could sit for say 6 months and that means when you buy it the warranty is only 6 months left as an example. are you sure the box hasn't been opened, I would check the bottom but also are you sure because I'm sure the must put there own security seals on them

Associate
OP
I wouldn't have thought that would be the case as that console could sit for say 6 months and that means when you buy it the warranty is only 6 months left as an example. are you sure the box hasn't been opened, I would check the bottom but also are you sure because I'm sure the must put there own security seals on them

100% sure it was sealed, you would be able to see if the sealed labels had been touched. I just checked the bottom lables and they look new also.

Associate
100% sure it was sealed, you would be able to see if the sealed labels had been touched. I just checked the bottom lables and they look new also.
I would check there is one stuck over another, also don't forget they could have put them labels on, sounds like a returned which has possible had new seal put on it

Back
Top Bottom