**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Can anyone recommend a case, had the genuine Google fabric case but dropped my handset and the screen cracked so looking at alternatives :)

Cheers
I have this one, Pixel 2 XL Case, Diztronic Full Matte Slim-Fit Flexible TPU Case - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0772D5Y5R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I had one of their cases on my nexus 5 since I got it in 2013 and it protected that phone very well the whole time, and being a builder it went through some knocks and drops.
Had the new one a month now and am very impressed. Perfect fit, clicky button response and they are easy to press, nice grip level to it, you can put it face down without the screen touching the surface, camera bump is protected.
It comes from the US but it you have the best shipping it comes via UPS and mine took 2 days. Loving it so far. :)
I previously had the Peel ultra thin case which was too thin and slippy for me and also the gear4 D30 which was a bit too much and could slide when on flat surfaces but very grippy on the edges.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I was just thinking about enrolling my replacement into the beta. Thought it wasn't due until the 20th.

Great timing. :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Just an FYI for those that weren't on the beta or who didn't know...

Dark theme is under setting > Display > Device Theme.

The new nav buttons are activated by going to System > Gestures > Swipe up on home button.

:)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Also this: https://www.android.com/versions/pie-9-0/digital-wellbeing-beta/

Enroll in the beta preview

We're excited to introduce the Digital Wellbeing Beta Preview, a sneak peek at a new set of features aimed at giving you a complete picture of your digital habits and helping you disconnect when you want to.

Requirements to join

• You must have a Pixel device.
  • You must have Android 9 Pie.
Note: You don’t need to be part of the Android P Beta Program.

Associate
Sounds daft but do you have the Calendar enabled to show on the the left hand side on the web version ?
Also I had problems when I first got my phone with duplicates because me and the other half have a calendar for us both and another calendar for our girls (doctors etc) but the calendar on my phone is called Events, on the web version it's called something else. You cannot change the name on your phone which make it confusing.
On the web version if you click on Main menu(top left) so it displays all your calendars. Is the one you are having problems with checked ?

Using the new "improved web version. But yeah, i have my calendar selected. Might have to do the old manual adding for now. Then i can look at wiping and trying to resync

Associate
Just got my update here. Upgraded straight over the top, no factory reset after (normally I always do this but I've elected against this time).

Looks a bit prettier for sure.

Seems a bit faster too, but that could be my imagination.

I've gone and enabled the gestures. May as well get used to it sometime and to be fair within a few minutes I already feel used to it and dare I say I quite like the usability of being able to get your dock, app drawer and search bar without going back to the home screen.

A few other nice touches here and there... Volume control, less bland toggle icons and settings menu, animations, etc.

Looks more like iOS every week but if it works well then I'm not bothered.

Associate
Found a bug already

Overview selection does not work. I.e. it's supposed to let you highlight text or images from the overview screen (previously app switcher) but nothing happens. I do have the option enabled and have toggled it on and off as well as rebooted the phone but nope it resolutely cannot do what it describes.

Back
Top Bottom