What would you do?

Man of Honour
OP
They’re surely going to need some strong evidence to back up their claim. Can you photograph your car showing that it has no damage consistent with their story?

At the moment they are only asking for the driver details and an added response with them citing an ‘accident’. I have no idea which part of the car is meant to be damaged. I can show them several dents on various parts of the car that have probably been caused when parked at work (or who knows, maybe the woman when she went crazy), but otherwise not sure what to show them. I guess this will be my follow up if I hear anything else.

Man of Honour
OP
So the police letter came through today saying that, unsurprisingly, no action will be taken against me. It does, however, have my insurance details on. So I guess she could now try to claim against me. However, what it also had, which I didn't have before is her reg plate and name. So now considering whether I want to take any action through insurance. Her name comes up in a local paper too, so she sounds like a big mouth. Not much online under my name, but my goodness there is a lot under hers.

Edit: her name comes up in at least two articles with a lot of other names. Moron.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the police letter came through today saying that, unsurprisingly, no action will be taken against me. It does, however, have my insurance details on. So I guess she could now try to claim against me. However, what it also had, which I didn't have before is her reg plate and name. So now considering whether I want to take any action. Her name comes up in a local paper too, so she sounds like a big mouth. Not much online under my name, but my goodness there is a lot under hers.

Edit: her name comes up in at least two articles with a lot of other names. Moron.

what is she going to claim? you didn't damage her car and she's the one who punched yours.

did the police say they were taking action against her? because surely that's a case of criminal damage (assuming it was her that did the damage and not her car)

Man of Honour
OP
what is she going to claim? you didn't damage her car and she's the one who punched yours.

did the police say they were taking action against her? because surely that's a case of criminal damage (assuming it was her that did the damage and not her car)

No, unfortunately they said there is insufficient evidence to be able to take action against any party. I do wonder whether the delay in coming back to me was pursuing this further with her. It has certainly been a while. I could request a copy of the police report, but there would be an admin fee.

Tempted to just leave it unless I hear from my insurance. If I do then I have no choice but to push this.

Soldato
No, unfortunately they said there is insufficient evidence to be able to take action against any party. I do wonder whether the delay in coming back to me was pursuing this further with her. It has certainly been a while. I could request a copy of the police report, but there would be an admin fee.

Tempted to just leave it unless I hear from my insurance. If I do then I have no choice but to push this.

i presume your insurance knows about this incident? might be preferable to at least warn them there's a chance she might try to put in a bogus claim, especially with the police documentation.

Man of Honour
OP
i presume your insurance knows about this incident? might be preferable to at least warn them there's a chance she might try to put in a bogus claim, especially with the police documentation.

No they don't, I wondered whether it would count against me in some way? You are right though, it might be worth giving them a heads up.

Surprised she hasn't gone to the local paper, she seems to have done so with just about everything else.

Soldato
No they don't, I wondered whether it would count against me in some way? You are right though, it might be worth giving them a heads up.

Surprised she hasn't gone to the local paper, she seems to have done so with just about everything else.

might not hurt, that said, the time that's elapsed its possible if she was going to claim she'd have done so already.

the way your describing it sounds like the kind of person who just likes to kick up a fuss, which i'm sure will always work out for the better...

Soldato
Shame you didn't repeatedly slam her head in your door until it killed her.

Yes, you would have probably gone to prison for a long time, but you'd have done society a favour, so would have been such a selfless act overall.

Man of Honour
OP
Shame you didn't repeatedly slam her head in your door until it killed her.

Yes, you would have probably gone to prison for a long time, but you'd have done society a favour, so would have been such a selfless act overall.

:D I can’t say that was my first thought at the time.

Haven’t heard anything from her and I can do without the hassle, as was the case at the time. So I assume case closed.

She might want to be more careful though, had I had kids in the car and been completely blocked off or if she had done it to some psycho the outcome could have been very different.

I bet she is absolutely furious at the outcome though, or lack thereof, based on the fact she clearly seemed to have some kind of self righteous complex, even for a non event.

Associate
should have resolved this the budforce way

tumblr_m9z3rvT9Wj1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Soldato
should have resolved this the budforce way

tumblr_m9z3rvT9Wj1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Yup pretty much what I was saying lol.

That seems weirdly aggressive :confused: Are you ok?

For the avoidance off doubt that wasn't to be taken seriously, obviously please don't slam anyone's head in a car door.

The original poster did probably follow the best course of action given the situation.

It does really **** me off though, that these scumbags seems to continuously behave like this and usually only when run in with otherwise perfectly law abiding people, that bad stuff happens, and usually it's the scumbags who get away with it.

If they want to live in a world of **** then fine, but keep it to yourselves and other people who want to live in a world of ****, and leave everyone else alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom