SFF PC to build with my 11yr old son?

Soldato
He's currently got an old Atom Revo R3600/R3610, but he's been watching Youtube videos of how to build your own mini PC, so I said I'd look into it for him.

It will mainly be used for surfing, watching movies, browser gaming, homework, but I'd like the ability to add a separate GPU at a later date so he can do some light gaming too, and he's space limited in his bedroom unfortunately, so a small Micro-ATX case is probably the way forward.

I've got a couple of 250gb SSD drives lying around, probably a 500gb+ mechanical drive too, but I'm open to suggestions on case, CPU, RAM, PSU, motherboard, etc, as I'm not entirely up to date with the newest tech, my trusty old 3570k/GTX980 combo still suits me fine.

Thanks in advance. :)

Soldato
anything like this? i dont know if the mobo needs flashing for the CPU though, PSU is basic depends on your budget, but Kolink Rep stated on here they would replace anything if it popped components

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £358.61 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Soldato
OP
Thanks again for the replies, change of plan though, I'm stripping my 3570k GTX980 rig to build him a SFF PC with as it doesn't get used very much at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom