Spec me a nice shoulder strap for my Fuji

Soldato
I remember some nice straps posted on here previously. At the moment I just have a Dead Cameras wrist strap on my Fuji XT10 but now I purchased the 18-55 I might find myself going out without a bag etc, so quite fancy a shoulder strap. The Dead Cameras slim strap looks lush but is quite pricey. What else is out there? :)

NB: Preferably something with a length to wear it across body like a shoulder bag, with the camera on my back? So quite short I'm guessing? Any idea what length that would be? :confused:

Man of Honour
Got a peak design slide lite to replace a very old black rapid sling for my new mirrorless and i'm very pleased with it so far. The anchor system works very well and having spare gives me some flexibility to attach other things to it. In fact might have to get another strap for my wife's binoculars...

Soldato
OP
Sorry I should have said. I already have an old Black Rapid which I do like the functionality, but it's really overkill for such a small camera (I bought it when I had a DSLR). I was after a more "traditional" looking shoulder strap. I remember someone posting a nice sort-of woven one on here? :confused:

That said I like the fact I can leave my wrist strap on when using the BR, because the BR fits to the bottom lug.

Soldato
Not meaning the hijack but I've been thinking of buying a decent strap for a while. I noticed the Black Rapid Sport for left handers and it hadn't even occurred to me that cameras were handed. :)

Stupid I know but it did make me hesitate when choosing a strap - I'm left handed but never found cameras to be an issue - I'm the odd one out on photo walks as I'm the only one with Pentax, usually.

Man of Honour
Not meaning the hijack but I've been thinking of buying a decent strap for a while. I noticed the Black Rapid Sport for left handers and it hadn't even occurred to me that cameras were handed. :)

The BR straps sit across your body to one side or the other. I think the sport is side specific so you can have a right or left handed one. You pick the camera up with one hand but I swap mine side to side so having it hand specific sounds a bit silly.

Soldato
OP
I use a Deadcameras slim strap for my XT10. It is very soft and comfortable even after many hours.

It might be expensive but it is worth it IMHO.
Yeah the wrist strap is great. What length did you get? How does it sit across body with the camera on your back?

I also can't work out the quick release gubbins he sells.. not sure if that would be a good idea for a long strap

Soldato
Yeah the wrist strap is great. What length did you get? How does it sit across body with the camera on your back?

I also can't work out the quick release gubbins he sells.. not sure if that would be a good idea for a long strap

I got the 105cm one IIRC,and I tend to have it on the side,but if behind the body,I would probably get a longer length - the 115CM or 125CM might be worth considering.

The main thing is the tubular leather part is very comfortable and does not dig into your shoulder over time,as there is no real edge.

Soldato
OP
Hmn you're tempting me. Although personally I think I'm looking for a length to sit tight across my back and then I'd simply take it off and maybe sling it front-ways around my neck for shooting.

I found the strap that someone posted on here, somewhere! Anyone know what's attached to this dude's X-Pro a couple of pics down? :confused: https://jonasraskphotography.com/2013/06/19/minolta-rokkor-md-50mm-f1-2-review/

Back
Top Bottom