Boris and the burka

Caporegime
It's not even a big deal, we can recruit Nurses world wide once we leave the EU and don't have to be so restrictive on non-EU immigrants in order to keep net immigration numbers down.

We aren’t. Last year eu numbers dropped By 30k but immigrants from the rest of the world increased by 100k. So we aren’t keeping net immigration down, we are increase numbers anyway.

As it has always being claimed, we need immigration but the government are too scared to tell anyway for fear of losing votes.

We I’ll never see net immigration in the low 10s of thousands as May has been claiming for five years.

Soldato
I’ll be extremely disappointed if he’s forced to step down over this.
There is zero chance of an MP being forced to step down over made up stories, the government simply do not care that much about public opinion. Especially when those who believe the article seem mostly to be people who hated the government already, or people who actually want a politician to have an opinion like that.

Soldato
Our government has the solution though. As they said the other day, once we are out of the EU we can drop the ridiculous and restrictive rules that the EU forces on us that you can’t be classified as a doctor until you have had five years training. We won’t be short of doctors once we allowed to call them doctors after one year.

Quite right too.
After all we train them for five years, we insists upon it here, so let us drop the ridiculous rule and let them loose early.....
Muppets.

Soldato
It's strange that this one is nearing the straw that broke the camel's back. He said and done all sorts in the past. His handling of the British woman been held in Iran for 'spying' should have ended his political life alone.

He's popular though, who's going to end him? The less popular prime minister? Maybe Naz Shah, the perpetually offended idiot who retweeted that raped kids should be quiet for diversitys sake?
Nooo chance.

Soldato
"If he becomes PM he will ban the sand mask" you did read that part? hmmm you wearing a sand mask :D:D
No because it isn't there. Perhaps you confused it with one of these bits:

"Denmark has got it wrong. Yes, the burka is oppressive and ridiculous – but that's still no reason to ban it"
"I am against a total ban because it is inevitably construed – rightly or wrongly – as being intended to make some point about Islam"
"A total ban is not the answer."

Caporegime
According to Sky polls 60% of Brits say it wasn't a racist statement and 59% say that Burkas should be banned, 33% say it was racist to say it and 26% say they shouldn't be banned.

As with Brexit it's clear that the vocal minority, virtue signalling politicians, lobbying groups and media corporations don't in anyway represent the silent majority.

Associate
As with Brexit it's clear that the vocal minority, virtue signalling politicians, lobbying groups and media corporations don't in anyway represent the silent majority.
The silent majority is the real problem here. Why are people quiet when it comes to expressing their opinions? If the majority is indifferent to what's happening to this country give it a few decades and that majority will become a minority and will be silenced forever. Very bad.

Soldato
Ah, Naz Shah, the raving anti-Semite.

These guys must be anti-semites too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haredi_burqa_sect

That reminds me:
After months and months of the press hounding JC over claims of anti-semitism for simply sharing a platform with a holocaust survivor who belittles a country (quite rightly) - they say hardly anything about the largest minority group in the UK being regular targets for the tories. - Hypocrisy much?

Soldato
According to Sky polls 60% of Brits say it wasn't a racist statement and 59% say that Burkas should be banned, 33% say it was racist to say it and 26% say they shouldn't be banned.

How many of them said that although it wasn't particularly racist (in comparison to some of the racist things he's said), but it was a **** thing to say, in a ****y way, when there's plenty more important things going on right now?

Soldato
Arguably there’s a discussion to be had regarding the burka but it needs to be undertaken by the people that wear it. I have no idea personally if it’s oppressive or not, certainly in some instances I likely is but then you hear from families where it’s worn out of choice and many of the women don’t wear it.

The security aspect is sensitive, certain social groups are permitted to wear customary dress (Hindus I believe can carry a specific knife iirc) so it’s not uncommon. That said there are likely many examples where covering the face is a bad idea.

What I do know though is that BJ doesn’t give a monkeys about the rights of women or security issues, he’s only interested in furthering his own political career. I think he’s getting desperate and fears his resignation has backfired on him. I would expect more nonsense from him as he panders to what audience he has left.

Back
Top Bottom