**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
The slower option is better due to expedited shipped tends to be the likes of dhl who always add on extra charge.

Both could be stopped but with standard they tend to under value so even if it was you would be paying far less.

aliexpress has many sellers who state if they already add on vat or what value they will ship on the package also checkout eglobalcentraluk for stock
I ordered one from eglobalcentraluk in the end, order place on Sunday the 29th. They say they are packing and getting it ready for delivery now, 6 to 8 working days they say, fingers crossed it arrives quickly... Thanks.

EDIT: It's dispatched now with tracking number, delivery via UPS. They say the tracking info wont update for 1-2 days, looking good so far to get it sometime next week, I'm OK with that from ordering this Sunday just gone.

Last edited:
Associate
Received my Note 5 Global yesterday - very nice indeed.

One thing I don't like is the white navigation bar. I've installed "Navbar Apps" which is great - colours the bar in a variety of customisable ways. Unfortunately though this creates an Android System notification "Navbar Apps is displaying over other apps". I found a work around to get into the notification settings for Android System (seems to be hidden by default in MIUI) - but sadly disabling these types of notifications doesn't save.

Any ideas? Or is everyone sticking with the default white?

Edit: Found a way around this - "AutoNotification" can block the notification for me. Sorted.

Now just to wait until I can unlock the bootloader to get gcam installed.
Could I just ask about the delivery please? What company was used? I've ordered a mobile from eglobalcentraluk and I have a UPS tracking number, they don't appear to have the package yet so only the label must have been created, your post dates seem to point to around 7 days between it being dispatched and delivery, so I'm probably looking at mine getting here next Wed/Thurs. Lastly, did you opt for the insured delivery for an extra 4 quid odd or did you go for the free one? I went free...

Associate
Could I just ask about the delivery please? What company was used? I've ordered a mobile from eglobalcentraluk and I have a UPS tracking number, they don't appear to have the package yet so only the label must have been created, your post dates seem to point to around 7 days between it being dispatched and delivery, so I'm probably looking at mine getting here next Wed/Thurs. Lastly, did you opt for the insured delivery for an extra 4 quid odd or did you go for the free one? I went free...

I ordered on the 25th of June, and received the phone on the 10th of July.

I didn't pay for insured delivery, but I did pay on a credit card to try and give myself some protection.

With regards to UPS, I had the tracking number for a while. When they eventually received the package - I received the phone about 1/2 days later.

Associate
I ordered on the 25th of June, and received the phone on the 10th of July.

I didn't pay for insured delivery, but I did pay on a credit card to try and give myself some protection.

With regards to UPS, I had the tracking number for a while. When they eventually received the package - I received the phone about 1/2 days later.
Thanks for the info haz_pro, I used paypal express for some protection.

That has gone very smoothly for me, mi a2 lite arrived late morning yesterday, can't fault eglobalcentraluk, under 5 days from ordering to delivery.

It's bigger than my old Redmi 3s, heavier too; Sealed global version box and getting 4G using my O2 sim so it has band 20, checked for updates and it pulled down the July security update...

maj

maj

Soldato
Having been back on MIUI awhile now, I did wish they'd have the option to separate notification and ring volume so they aren't linked. I know there's apps to do it but it should be part of the OS. Other Android distro's are able to support it.

Soldato
Has anyone replaced a screen on a redmi note 4? Left mine of the roof of the car and went for a drive yesterday....got the phone back after a local Paralympic Gold medalist found and took it home but the screen is all bust up (still works ok though)
And trying to find a screen isn't going well as most on eBay say they are for the 4x and not the 4 but they look the same to me??

Back
Top Bottom