Boris and the burka

Caporegime
Also, anybody claiming that wearing those has nothing to do with islam is just deluded. It is all about islam.
Wrong, it’s nothing to do with Islam other than idiots taking certain quotes or sayings from the Quran and using it for their own purposes. Or women themselves thinking that the burka must be worn no questions asked.
I’ve asked this before to some other poster but he ran off, show me where in the Quran it says a woman must wear a burka??

On the other hand, any criticism of Israel is claimed to be racist and warrants lynching - funny old (inconsistent) world . . .

Indeed, poor Israel with their military being aided by the Americans and indiscriminately bombing those terrorist Palestinians;).

Soldato
A lot of people claim the burka is culture and culture is part and parcel of race, so mocking the burka to a lot of people is racist.. Can we now then claim Muslims are also being racist when they mock grid girls, woman in bikinis or pub goers ?

Caporegime
A lot of people claim the burka is culture and culture is part and parcel of race, so mocking the burka to a lot of people is racist.. Can we now then claim Muslims are also being racist when they mock grid girls, woman in bikinis or pub goers ?
Of course. Racism isn’t confined to white brits. Many Muslims are atrocious racists. Look at their attitudes towards white non Muslim girls.

Soldato
From my experience most Islamophobes I meet generally dislike foreigners, especially if they're brown. If only they were more honest about it.

Soldato
I believe personally that Islamophobia is not racism. I believe that it is the fear of the idea and values behind Islam. Its completely irrational to be but then again... most phobias are. The fear of Spiders for example...... is that rational? No it isnt but people are fearful regardless.

Arachnophobia is not being a racist to Spiders is it?

thats debatable.
I thinks its perfectly reasonable to be fearful of any religion becoming too extreme - history is soaked with the blood of innocents killed in the name of various religions (and not many from spiders)

Soldato
"The vast majority of Muslims in the UK are peaceful, law-abiding folk who just want to get on with their lives. It's the tiny extremist element that I have a problem with but they're present in every culture."

Said no Islamophobe ever. :)

Soldato
From my experience most Islamophobes I meet generally dislike foreigners, especially if they're brown. If only they were more honest about it.

Essentially then any criticism of Islam is simply a front for people who are racist in your view, there's no room for genuine criticism or concern, the person must just be a bigot.

Soldato
"The vast majority of Muslims in the UK are peaceful, law-abiding folk who just want to get on with their lives.

And this is largely despite their religious beliefs not because of them.

Muhammed is a moral exemplar, whoose example is to be followed by Muslims according to its own writings.

If Muhammed existed today and acted as he is reported to have done, by Islam's own books, he would be rightly considered a war criminal.

In contrast if the character of Jesus's existed today the worst that might happen is he would be arrested for a public order offence for causing a bit of a disturbance down at the local temple.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's funny how some groups say that criticising burkas is not racist because it's not actually criticising Islam, yet at the same time also conflate burkas and Islam, as Skunkworks did just above. :)
Eh?

Burkas and Islam are inextricable linked, and criticizing an ideology isn’t racist, no matter how many mental backflips you do. The word racist has been rendered utterly meaningless by progressives weirdos.

Soldato
Essentially then any criticism of Islam is simply a front for people who are racist in your view, there's no room for genuine criticism or concern, the person must just be a bigot.

In my experience, Islamophobes are usually bigots, yes. Some even claim to be experts of the Koran. :)

Anyway, before we get lost in semantic twaddle, I wonder what's next for the Tories and Boris.

Will his dog whistle garner enough support from the racist members of the party for him to threaten Theresa's leadership?

If not, will he feel there's enough support from the Little Englanders to break out on his own and form his own alternative right-wing party, or perhaps lead UKIP 2.0?

Interesting times. :)

Soldato
Eh?

Burkas and Islam are inextricable linked, and criticizing an ideology isn’t racist, no matter how many mental backflips you do. The word racist has been rendered utterly meaningless by progressives weirdos.

You wish. :) "Racist" means the same as it always has, sorry.

Soldato
In my experience, Islamophobes are usually bigots, yes. Some even claim to be experts of the Koran. :)

By that do you mean to say they know enough about the Koran to be able to point out the awkward bits that undermine the narrative that it's a peaceful religion that's can be accommodated in a diverse, democratic multi/ No faith society?

I know its awfully inconvenienent, in general, for followers of the Abrahamic faiths when people actual point out what's in their religious texts.

Soldato
W
By that do you mean to say they know enough about the Koran to be able to point out the awkward bits that undermine the narrative that it's a peaceful religion that's can be accommodated in a diverse, democratic multi/ No faith society?

I know its awfully inconvenienent, in general, for followers of the Abrahamic faiths when people actual point out what's in their religious texts.

Where did you study theology?

Back
Top Bottom