Brand New SSD blue screen repeatedly after windows install

Associate
Got a new SSD from OCUK yesterday. Initially I cloned my old SSD to it. But right after posting yesterday that the clone worked I got a blue screen of death. Then another,so this morning I reinstalled windows 7. I have reinstalled it four times now. Each time wiping the drive first. I have also reset the CMOS in case the problem was there. The only other change was adding some new RAM.
This is the SSD
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...gbps-3d-nand-solid-state-drive-hd-006-tg.html
It was the last of this RAM so there is no link but the RAM is
Avexir Core Green Series 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit

Man of Honour
I'd eliminate the RAM from being the issue first - running some form of memtest would be one place to start or removing the new RAM entirely if you still have some RAM in there or older RAM to use.

Don
SSD
What did you use to clone it?

Are you using the same SATA port that the original SSD was on (try this)
-It's possible that your original SSD was on an AHCI port (it should be), and your new SSD is on a different SATA controller which doesn't have AHCI enabled.

^Especially if you've been resetting the CMOS.

RAM
Can you try the old ram?

Get memtest on a USB stick and boot from that to check the ram.

Let us know how you get on :)

Associate
OP
I am sooo stupid. I forgot about the RAM until an hour ago. Guess what stopped happening when I took out the new RAM & put the old back in

Associate
OP
SSD
What did you use to clone it?

Are you using the same SATA port that the original SSD was on (try this)
-It's possible that your original SSD was on an AHCI port (it should be), and your new SSD is on a different SATA controller which doesn't have AHCI enabled.

^Especially if you've been resetting the CMOS.

RAM
Can you try the old ram?

Get memtest on a USB stick and boot from that to check the ram.

Let us know how you get on :)
A return has been organised for Monday BUT if there is a way to get the RAM to behave so I can keep it that would be preferable. I'm about to run memtest86 on the iffy RAM now. Will report back :)

Associate
OP
Might be nothing wrong with it. Have you configured the ram settings to the spec of the ram in the bios. Set xmp.
I haven't changed anything on the RAM configuration. I'm doing the memtest at the moment. Currently it is telling me
"RAM may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips"
Multiple errors & then I left the RAM in & went into Windows & Windows froze. Then when I shut it down & put the old RAM in Windows made me let it do a restore. So then I had to reinstall stuff again.
I've had it the RAM is going back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom