Yet another ripped off on ebay thread... advice please

Associate
Why didn't you send the returns label? I don't think you mentioned the reasons for not following the process.

Edit: Just got to the end of the thread and you say you were waiting for a response from eBay. Ouch.

Associate
I emailed him to tell him I’d send my own courier and what time would be best

Have I got this right? You suspected you were the victim of a scam and contacted eBay to tell them, but at the same time you were okay to accept the return if you used your own courier instead of the official returns system.

Soldato
I emailed him to tell him I’d send my own courier and what time would be best

That's no good, that's not eBay's process, you should have just sent the returns label like ebay requested you to do, as I said before, if you had of done this, he would then get 10 days to print the label and return the item, if he fails to do that, you get the money back, one way or another you get the money or the goods, but you didn't follow ebays return rules, so lost out on both.

Associate
OP
That's no good, that's not eBay's process, you should have just sent the returns label like ebay requested you to do, as I said before, if you had of done this, he would then get 10 days to print the label and return the item, if he fails to do that, you get the money back, one way or another you get the money or the goods, but you didn't follow ebays return rules, so lost out on both.
My brothers just had the same issue with a rog swift he sent a label and never received the item back both PayPal and eBay went to the buyers favour ..

Soldato
My brothers just had the same issue with a rog swift he sent a label and never received the item back both PayPal and eBay went to the buyers favour ..

They shouldn't of, not if he sent the label via the dispute system, when you accept the return / dispute, it gives you the option to create a returns label there and then to send to the buyer for them to print off, ebay just invoice you for the cost of the returns label, its a royal mail tracked label so both you and ebay can keep an eye on the return, they can also see when the buyer accesses the label and prints it off, so they can see if he's returned it or not, ebay told me on the phone for a recent issue I had with a motherboard, that if he doesnt send my item back, with the label they created for me on my behalf, the case would be awarded in my favour.

Associate
OP
They shouldn't of, not if he sent the label via the dispute system, when you accept the return / dispute, it gives you the option to create a returns label there and then to send to the buyer for them to print off, ebay just invoice you for the cost of the returns label, its a royal mail tracked label so both you and ebay can keep an eye on the return, they can also see when the buyer accesses the label and prints it off, so they can see if he's returned it or not, ebay told me on the phone for a recent issue I had with a motherboard, that if he doesnt send my item back, with the label they created for me on my behalf, the case would be awarded in my favour.
he is trying to fight it .. but he phoned me this morning and said they didn't want to know .. he is about £400 out of pocket

Soldato
he is trying to fight it .. but he phoned me this morning and said they didn't want to know .. he is about £400 out of pocket

For that amount of money, I would threaten ebay with a small claims court, or go to the police, I wouldnt think twice about it, you've got the buyers address, phone numbers, etc, I take it you have proof of delivery etc or your brother does. Ebay dont live by UK rules and laws, they are a USA based company, however, here in the UK, its fraud and theft making false claims like that etc.

Associate
small claims court isn't that expensive and would certainly make people think twice, and I think if you win they pay the fee for the claim anyway

Soldato
This is exactly why I stopped selling PC stuff on Ebay a while back (as in several years ago)! If it's not an out and out scammer, then you get some twonk that doesn't have a scooby on how to fit / use / install the component / damages it etc. etc. Then tries to make a claim. And as anyone that has used Ebay for some time will know, Ebay/PAYPAL pretty much always side with the buyer, however crazy their claim/s are. Been then, been screwed myself.

I'd much rather sell on the MM here for a slightly lower price, in the knowledge that you are very unlikely to be cheated by a fellow forum member. Failing that, I would rather keep it as a spare, or even give it away.

So sorry to hear of your issues here OP. But I suspect you are in for a VERY long haul to get any retribution here. Some folks are basically just cheating SCUM!!!

PS. Other issues like Ebay holding onto your money for a set period when selling certain items and removing the right for sellers to leave -ve feedback. Are other issues that made me decide to close my sellers account.

Associate
This is exactly why I stopped selling PC stuff on Ebay a while back (as in several years ago)! If it's not an out and out scammer, then you get some twonk that doesn't have a scooby on how to fit / use / install the component / damages it etc. etc. Then tries to make a claim. And as anyone that has used Ebay for some time will know, Ebay/PAYPAL pretty much always side with the buyer, however crazy their claim/s are. Been then, been screwed myself.
Very true, unfortunately. I stopped selling hardware on ebay a few months back because of the sheer number of people spuriously returning items, often after damaging them, simply made it unviable. One thing that always made me laugh in despair was people buying items I'd clearly marked 'for parts' and 'not working' and then opening a case against me because the part, amazingly, wasn't working. And ebay always sided with the buyer - on the final occasion it took them less than 3 minutes to decide against me.

Still, I'm luckier than a friend of mine who was scammed out of more than £3000 by a fraudulent buyer. Ebay didn't want to know, of course.

It's well past time the government introduced laws to regulate on-line market places.

Associate
I must have been one of the lucky ones who Ebay sided with me, the seller.

Still had the same affect minus the loss regarding using Ebay to sell anything again (been over 2yrs).

Soldato
User is dffvfff
Name: Gan Zheng from oxford

Oxford :rolleyes:

Did the address have a suspicious code in it? I.e. it's a mail forwarding service? Last few times I've tried to sell stuff on eBay, it's been Chinese buyers trying to hide behind mail forwarding services. Just immediately cancelled the trade and told them to go pleasure themselves.

Back
Top Bottom