Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
I have been reading through this thread, day two for me and thus far it’s fine - I have the 2.3 vanilla and unflavored/unsweetened but only tried the vanilla so far. Day one I dropped 2 shots of espresso in and it was ok, today was just vanilla and again fine - it’s the slight grit in the mouth that bothers me not the taste!

Tomorrow I’m thinking of blending with a banana and some frozen fruit, loss pick up that breville blender with bottles as seems ideal - for the people that use this method can you get enough water + fruit in to make a decent shake?

Soldato
I've been suckered by the huge amount of marketing that Huel seems to do on Facebook and the like and grabbed a few bags of it from them.

I've been having it for breakfast as i'm usually in a bit of a rush for work and have a long drive to the office.
So far I've been blessed with Huel farts, a strange sense of bloat and have lost about half a stone in a month. (Huel breakfast, Light lunch and a decent dinner, equating to around 1700 calories, huel lunch if working from home). So all in all, not too bad, and I get to stink out my colleagues as an added bonus. The convenience of it is great! :)

Taste-wise, I actually really like it as I went for the vanilla one, it's oaty and not artificial tasting at all. Usually mix it up the night before and stick it in the fridge for the morning and have an accompanying espresso with mine.

Posted this in my own new thread without realising this existed!

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I ended up buying 10kg of Whole Fuel from MP, in addition to the 2.5kg bag I still had left over. Since I've been going to the gym I dunk a scoop of protein powder in there too, and the 4 scoops consistency against 500ml water gives it the richest consistency. Love it.

For 2 weeks I've been on 4 scoops twice a day. Nothing else bar a few jars last saturday and a couple of tins last night with a packet of crisps has passed my lips! I think the temperature is helping to reduce the required intake, but I just can't believe I'm on approx. 1000 cal a day and not batting an eye lid at it. The bag of kettle chips I tucked into last night would usually be devoured without my jaw taking a break between mouthfuls, but I took it easy and put the half-eaten bag in the cupboard. Probably my proudest diet achievement for a while :D

I would like to try Huel 2.3. It was the texture that drove me away. I also feel slightly guilty for them that MP have effectively stolen their idea and it's MP who are getting my money. If Huel can sort out the consistency I will buy from them instead.

Hard to resist some of the MP discount/bulk buy options tho.

Soldato
Tomorrow I’m thinking of blending with a banana and some frozen fruit, loss pick up that breville blender with bottles as seems ideal - for the people that use this method can you get enough water + fruit in to make a decent shake?

using a nutri ninja blender with about 750ml max bottle, it'll take 400ml water, 100g huel, banana and a little frozen fruit. Comes out a little thicker than the recommended amount of water but I kinda like it, more like a smoothie.

Soldato
I would like to try Huel 2.3. It was the texture that drove me away. I also feel slightly guilty for them that MP have effectively stolen their idea and it's MP who are getting my money. If Huel can sort out the consistency I will buy from them instead.

What about the texture don't you like about it? Are you just shaking or blending?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
What about the texture don't you like about it? Are you just shaking or blending?
nutri ninja for the same amount of time it takes to turn fruit into puree i.e. longer than a powder should take, and it still feels gritty. that was 2.1 iirc

Soldato
nutri ninja for the same amount of time it takes to turn fruit into puree i.e. longer than a powder should take, and it still feels gritty. that was 2.1 iirc

I don't remember the difference between 2.1 and the current version, but did you ever leave it in the fridge for a few hours? It makes it a lot smoother.
I never had issue with the texture in any version though.

Associate
I've been having 2 x 100g Huel shakes per day for about 6 months now, used to be only 1 a day for a year before that. I'm noticing my craps are getting more uncomfortable and hard despite staying hydrated. Not sure if it is the Huel or something else but I tend to each the same things everyday. I'm considering swapping 1 Huel meal back for just grilled chicken and vegetables at night. Only thing I've changed drastically in my diet recently is stopping drinking alcohol about 6 weeks ago.

Anyone else experiencing solid and difficult to pass number 2's? .... :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I've been having 2 x 100g Huel shakes per day for about 6 months now, used to be only 1 a day for a year before that. I'm noticing my craps are getting more uncomfortable and hard despite staying hydrated. Not sure if it is the Huel or something else but I tend to each the same things everyday. I'm considering swapping 1 Huel meal back for just grilled chicken and vegetables at night. Only thing I've changed drastically in my diet recently is stopping drinking alcohol about 6 weeks ago.

Anyone else experiencing solid and difficult to pass number 2's? .... :D
Yeah I get this when I'm on a pure whole fuel diet. Hydrated or not, it's difficult to pass and sometimes I go a full day without the need.

But alcohol reduction is defo a factor too. You get less chance to absorb the water content in food because ethanol apparently prevents a lot of absorption. Also, the drinking process causes your digestive system to process faster.

Back
Top Bottom