*Weight - 74.5kg (-0.5kg)
W/KG - 2.99 (+0.5ish)
Coggan Rating -
*FTP (60min) - 223w (+23)
CP (20min) - 223w (+23)
5min - 269w (+11)
1min - 398w (+24)
5sec - 705w (+61)

FTP same as CP as that’s what the 4DP claims to do. I’m happy with the newbie gains. 10 weeks till my event

Another 4DP test after about 12 weeks of training, one 490 mile 4 day epic and then about 6 weeks of just riding

Username -GSVBagpuss
Age - 36
*Height - 5ft 8in
*Weight - 72.5kg (-2kg)
W/KG - 3.21 (+0.3ish)
Coggan Rating -
*FTP (60min) - 233w (+10)
CP (20min) - 233w (+10)
5min - 280w (+11) (297w on the road)
1min - 398w (469w best)
5sec - 705w (950 ish best)

Short effort power is higher on the road than the turbo as I don’t like standing on a turbo but my 20 minute was the best ever by 5w. I surged from 230ish to 250ish for the last 3-4 minutes so I didn’t pace it quite right either. I’ve got another event in early September so let’s see if I can get nearer 250w for 20 minutes by then

Soldato
It’s a Sufferfest thing - warm up, then two 5s sprints, 5 min effort, 20 min effort and a 1 min effort with recoveries in between. They use it to set targets for their workouts and to profile you as a type of rider eg sprinter, rouleur. They then offer you their videos that either improve what you’re good at or work on your weaknesses.

Soldato
OP
lol - https://www.facebook.com/contador/posts/10156737134990312

Historical tests from Mr Contador. On a hill @ 62kg.
I was always of the impression a genuine GC contender at a Grand Tour would be pushing 6.4. Just my take from seeing Froome's published data of recent years along with snippets from elsewhere and the Lance Armstrong film where he mentions 6.4 being that magic number.

Ignore the comments on FB by the way. A bunch of muppets are commenting like this is a test Contador just done but these are done when he was actually racing before retiring of course.

Associate
Not updated in ages but may as well. Had a neck injury earlier this year which stopped me doing triathlon but meant I could focus on TT and cycling. Seen good improvements from not having to run particularly!

Username - thepeteh
Age - 29
Height - 183cm
Weight - 75KG
FTP (60min) - 355w FTP W/KG - 4.7
CP (20min) - 380w CP W/KG - 5.0
5min - 510w
1min - 725w
5sec - 1063w
1sec - 1530w
Gear - Powertap G3 hub (winter bike) stages (race)
Info - Data from lab ramp test and training racing

None of my training is geared towards stuff of 3mins or less so could potentially improve those numbers but don't need them for what I'm doing, TTing mainly. Hoping to improve on my 5min power tonight, first hill and climb of 2018.

Soldato
OP
Those are good numbers @thepeteh
What are your times for 5k/10k running?
What TT's and RR's are you doing in your area? You would be super handy with those numbers.

Soldato
OP
8 weeks back after 11 months of no cycling at all and I am back to 4.68w/kg for CP20 test.
Lost near 11KG since tail end of June now and power going up and up.

Associate
Those are good numbers @thepeteh
What are your times for 5k/10k running?
What TT's and RR's are you doing in your area? You would be super handy with those numbers.

Running 10k's sub 38, 5k's sub 19 - My form isn't great but I push hard!
Done a lot of TT's this year (9 opens), and our local club courses as part of Wednesday evening league around North Yorkshire, bagged 4 or 5 course records so going very well. Done a 25 in 49:57 (r25/3h) this year and 50 in 1:54:04 on a 'slow' Yorkshire course. So it's been a cracker. Did have a 100 booked but had clashing family commitments , hoping to sneak one in ASAP!

Soldato
Interesting reading, and great numbers! My power figures a little under yours, and I'm just starting to get into swimming, and I've been running for a bit. PB 5km is 21 and 10km 44 at the moment, so still have a way to go.
Looking at entering some tris next year as I seem to have missed most of this years.

Associate
Interesting reading, and great numbers! My power figures a little under yours, and I'm just starting to get into swimming, and I've been running for a bit. PB 5km is 21 and 10km 44 at the moment, so still have a way to go.
Looking at entering some tris next year as I seem to have missed most of this years.

Yep this season is slipping away but you've got a good base and definitely time to get properly ready and hit the ground running next year. For me, I found structure and high intensity sessions of most benefit. Consistency week on week, try to never miss sessions, careful diary management... And not over training. I do 5-9hrs training per week but zero wasted training time.

Soldato
It's virtually impossible for me to stick to any sort of training plan as I travel overseas so regularly for my job.

Swimming is by far my worst. I had my first open water lake swim last week. Managed just over 2km (350 laps) but I had to have a couple of mins break after each lap. So I'll carry on with that as long as they are available, and then switch to gym pool or our local lido for swim practice.

As you say, the plan is to 'train' (nothing too serious!) over winter and enter some local sprint and standard distance tris, with the eventual plan to have a go at a few middle distance/half ironmans later in the year.

Soldato
OP
Running 10k's sub 38, 5k's sub 19 - My form isn't great but I push hard!
Done a lot of TT's this year (9 opens), and our local club courses as part of Wednesday evening league around North Yorkshire, bagged 4 or 5 course records so going very well. Done a 25 in 49:57 (r25/3h) this year and 50 in 1:54:04 on a 'slow' Yorkshire course. So it's been a cracker. Did have a 100 booked but had clashing family commitments , hoping to sneak one in ASAP!

I had a 4.65 FTP last year so right in line with you and done 5.65 for 24mins. This was 2 years after stopping running and my PB's were 15:44/33:00 although I was in low 32 shape just never got the course/weather combo.
I seriously think you should keep focusing your 5-9hrs per week on cycling and dedicate to that rather than squeezing tri training into that. You will do very well TT'ing (as you already are).

Soldato
OP
1min = 488w - 8.20w/kg
5min = 368w - 6.18w/kg

On local climb last night.
CTT and BC Scottish HC's upcoming on this weekend.

Soldato
The best I've manage in the past 6 weeks, for the majority of which I've had some sort of lurgy (still there now in mild form)...

Age 44
Height 5'10"
Weight 77Kg

5secs= 790W
1min= 459W
5min= 337W
20min= 285W

FTP (95% of best 20min effort) ~271W

4iiii

Still eating far too much chocolate, 6-packs of cold x buns, peanut butter and jam sandwiches etc., there's no mystery why I'm nowhere near last year's lowest weight of ~73Kg!

Soldato
OP
6 weeks of lurgy? That can't be right pal. Is it anything specific or are you just feeling "off" for that length of time?
Anything over the 14 days of it not buggering off completely and I would be getting myself to the docs.

Peanut butter and jam sandwiches is the food of kings.

Soldato
6 weeks of lurgy? That can't be right pal. Is it anything specific or are you just feeling "off" for that length of time?
Anything over the 14 days of it not buggering off completely and I would be getting myself to the docs.

Peanut butter and jam sandwiches is the food of kings.

It started with a head cold, mega sore throat and lots of tissue blowing for ~2 weeks, before I briefly started to feel like I was on the mend. Then I started to feel like I had a bit of a chest infection coming on, but without any coughing. On harder power intervals, the frequency of having to empty my nose increases, which is bizarrely often followed by a salty/sickly taste in the back of my throat which then needs sorting out!

This might simply be the "cold" feeling that Seasonal Affective Disorder sufferers often get.
My sinuses have tended to often feel bunged up ever since my 2013 RTA and consequent surgery, which included putting pieces of my maxilla back together again, making me feel the need to blow my nose more often than I used to (especially while cycling).
I did the odd, but reduced frequency power interval up hills while I had the initial head cold and it did cross my mind that perhaps sent some infection into my lungs
I also had two teeth removed by open gum surgery ~6 weeks ago, which is healing up, but not exactly in a linear fashion. I'm still doing the odd rinse in salty water, but nothing like the 4-times daily routine I had in the first month.

On top of the above, I also have a habit of my "form" rarely going more positive than approx +5, it's far more common to be in the -10 to -30 ballpark (so I tend to feel a little physically fatigued a lot of the time). But having said that, I've done less hard rides since this lurgy started, compared to my stats through most of the summer (my 6-week CSS and XSS have respectively dropped from ~3000/4000 to ~2200/3300 according to https://cricklesorg.wordpress.com/).

Soldato
1min = 488w - 8.20w/kg
5min = 368w - 6.18w/kg

On local climb last night.
CTT and BC Scottish HC's upcoming on this weekend.

Good luck tomorrow on the crow!

Don't think anyone will be close to Michael Storer up there though.

I've been using the Powertap a few time recently and signed up for free summit(how the hell do I cancel it before it takes a payment?) so I can see my power curve for 2018.

5' 11"
Weight - 74kg
FTP (60min) - 303w 4w/kg
CP (20min) - 326w 4.4w/kg Same ride, I've only managed 296w average for 20 minutes on the turbo.
5min - 366w
1min - 607w
5sec - 1239w
1sec - 1463w

Don't know what to do with it now...

Edit: GZ Dean, top 10 with some good guys on the CTT champs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom