• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
This is the first Samsung I have a genuine interest in since the S6. After my S6 I went l
Pixel XL then 2XL. I prefer the plain Google OS more but damn this Note looks the business. I just don't know if I can go back to Samsung and their bloatware. The Pixels also just got Android 9, heaven only knows when that will be available on the Note.

Soldato
This is the first Samsung I have a genuine interest in since the S6. After my S6 I went l
Pixel XL then 2XL. I prefer the plain Google OS more but damn this Note looks the business. I just don't know if I can go back to Samsung and their bloatware. The Pixels also just got Android 9, heaven only knows when that will be available on the Note.

Similar here, I've considered the Note as I could trade in the wife's iPhone 6s for £285... But I'm not sure I'd like the move from Google to Samsung.

That CPW deal is mental.

Soldato
Yeah you're right it is only 128gb version showing up when I look online. In store they said I'd get £550 for mine so they're either treating both variants of the 2XL the same or more likely the assistant I spoke to didn't know what he was talking about...

Soldato
Anybody going down the CPW route, you're better off getting the Note 9 on a 1 month rolling deal than sim free. It's £839 + £15.50 for 1 months line rental and the phone will be exactly the same as if you buy sim free from them.

£35 cashback at Quido with that as opposed to just £5 SIM free as well. I'm sorely tempted.

Soldato
If someone finds out about the 64GB or 128GB option for trade in with CPW, please let us know. That could be enough to swing me.

How reliable are the CPW trade ins? Do they ever not pay full value for some made up reason? Is condition of the device an issue? (Not that mine isn't in good condition)

I'm surprised they don't have live chat... :(

**EDIT** Oh, according to their Twitter account, they don't accept the 64GB.... seems odd.

Last edited:
Associate
If someone finds out about the 64GB or 128GB option for trade in with CPW, please let us know. That could be enough to swing me.

How reliable are the CPW trade ins? Do they ever not pay full value for some made up reason? Is condition of the device an issue? (Not that mine isn't in good condition)

**EDIT** Oh, according to their Twitter account, they don't accept the 64GB.... seems odd.

CPW do have live chat, I have done so in the past.

Soldato
£900 starting price..... I'll pass.

I don't even care about the specs at that price.
I don't get people thinking these devices are expensive. You aren't getting just a phone. Its essentially a computer now and does many many things really well. Phone proper camera, gaming device and multimedia device. Think how much buying all those individually would cost. Not to mention the size of bag to carry it all round in haha

Soldato
Maybe it was because I was on their website out of hours? Either way, they say it's a no go.

I am tempted to buy a 2nd hand Note 8 for £400, just to trade it in for £575...
Now there's a man with a plan!
Are you genuinely tempted to go Note 9 from your 2XL Andy? I know I said I was but I'm putting it down to new device envy at this stage. I generally try my best to hold out for a couple of months after launch and wait until the hype dies down and if I'm still interested I'll bite on a good deal. I'm hoping it'll pass!

Permabanned
I don't get people thinking these devices are expensive. You aren't getting just a phone. Its essentially a computer now and does many many things really well. Phone proper camera, gaming device and multimedia device. Think how much buying all those individually would cost. Not to mention the size of bag to carry it all round in haha

I get it, I used to buy Samsung phones every year, however the last one I spent a significant amount on was the Galaxy S6, since then I try to avoid them unless the price is reduced quite a lot.

Spending £900 on phone that does everything slightly better, but not significantly better than my current phone is a waste of money.

Technology improves every year, that doesn't always mean increased production cost, a lot of the increase for modern phones probably comes from the waterproofing and making it look pretty. :(

Soldato
Now there's a man with a plan!
Are you genuinely tempted to go Note 9 from your 2XL Andy? I know I said I was but I'm putting it down to new device envy at this stage. I generally try my best to hold out for a couple of months after launch and wait until the hype dies down and if I'm still interested I'll bite on a good deal. I'm hoping it'll pass!

Yeah, I am. I don't know if I can leave pure Android though, but I do remember how much I used to love the Notes when they were my main devices.

Associate
I'm looking at either swapping my Iphone 7 Plus for either the Note 9 or an Iphone X and am currently torn between the 2.
I used to have a Note 4 and it was a great phone.
My 7 has been fine as well, but I have the urge to upgrade again.

Soldato

they have told me aswell, only the 128gb model :/

Associate
The CPW trade in is bonkers. If I trade in my brothers S8+ and give him my S9+ I would get £465 off, If I trade in my S9+ I would only get £410. How is an older phone worth more to them, very odd. I'm not planning to trade in my S9+ I was just wondering how much I would get. I'm going to hang it out for the S10 next year.

Back
Top Bottom