British woman says her Spanish holiday was ruined by too many Spanish people

Soldato
I worked in Spain in 1979 at Santa Pola near Alicante. I drove down there via Madrid through largely rural France and Spain. Away from the Costas, it was delightful although the people were relatively poor. I stayed in some unusual (to a Brit) places.
What's with all the older guys dressed up in traditional garb with their horses? They look impressive but I never did find out what it was all about.

Soldato
Except she didn't. So is she a moron or those who are making things about her up?

“The hotel was full of Spanish holidaymakers and they really got on our nerves.”

“The entertainment in the hotel was all focused and catered for the Spanish.”

“Why can’t the Spanish go somewhere else for their holidays?”

Caporegime
“The hotel was full of Spanish holidaymakers and they really got on our nerves.”

If you read the reasons why she said those things it paints a very different story. The Spanish guests were rude and as we know, like most of the rest of the world don't queue!
If she'd been sold a holiday by a company with the expectation that's it's a British centric resort then yes, it's understandable that she didn't appreciate the entertainment being in Spanish!
The final one I've not seen attributed to her but rather people taking the Mick out of her statements.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm shocked she managed to find any Spanish, let alone enough to let it ruin her holiday.

Benidorm may as well be blackpool, with all the British roaming around :p

Soldato
If you read the reasons why she said those things it paints a very different story. The Spanish guests were rude and as we know, like most of the rest of the world don't queue!

They don’t queue, but that’s because queuing is just a British thing. Most Spanish places I’ve been to People walk in somewhere and ask “who is last”. When that person gets served then you know that you’re next. It still comes down to this woman basically wanting a holiday that’s Britain in the sun.

Caporegime
They don’t queue, but that’s because queuing is just a British thing. Most Spanish places I’ve been to People walk in somewhere and ask “who is last”. When that person gets served then you know that you’re next. It still comes down to this woman basically wanting a holiday that’s Britain in the sun.

And if that's what she'd been sold then you can understand why she's a bit miffed!

Man of Honour
I'm shocked she managed to find any Spanish, let alone enough to let it ruin her holiday.

Aw come on! Blackpool is a hell hole, but it surely can’t be worse than Benidorm.

Except she didn't. So is she a moron or those who are making things about her up?

The gutter media put their spin on things, we all know that, “quick, think of something that we can say that she said, something preposterous, the public will lap it up, they’ll believe anything if we make it sound bad enough.”

Whenever I've gone to Spain it's been to places where there are no Brits at all and not many people speak English. It's been nice :)

Great isn’t it? Murcia City, Salamanca, Bilbao, (to a degree).

I can imagine a lot of Brits going home, and saying the first two to friends, too dumb to realise what they’re actually saying, but that last one is a bit of a stretch, I seriously can't see anyone saying that, old or young.
Sure, the Spanish and Italians don’t have our queuing mind set, but then you’ll go a long way to find them necking alcohol all night, singing and swearing, throwing up and urinating and copulating in the streets.

Stay in Britain and support the British holiday industry.

Yeah, right.

No thanks, British holiday resorts are full of British people.

Eeew! That conjures up an image of an Hieronymus Bosch scene, I can think of few things worse than finding oneself in Brighton, Bournemouth, or Weston-Super-Mare, surrounded by the madding crowd, but wait, there are “resorts” in the north too, Heaven forfend!

Associate

The Old Town is full of Spanish, they all come out in the early evening and stroll around, eat and make noise. It's a great atmosphere. We've been to Benidorm twice and stayed in the Old Town both times, yes its a bit chavvy up the 'English' end but you don't have to go anywhere near it if you don't want to.

Man of Honour
What's with all the older guys dressed up in traditional garb with their horses? They look impressive but I never did find out what it was all about.

Possibly the Feria de Abril, which takes place in Sevilla in April or May,
or the Feria de Caballo, in Jerez, which takes place in May I think.

Man of Honour
WTF you talking about man? Benidorm is amazing. The booze is cheap and almost chemical free and you can be dripping in clunge after a day, what more could you want?

One man’s meat, horses for courses, call it what you will, it’s not my scene man, about the nearest I’d venture would be Murcia or Cartagena to the south, or Valencia to the north.
Clunge? I love it, I’d drive a million miles as a younger man, if I thought there’d be half a chance of some of that, but I think that you unwittingly had a Freudian slip when you said dripping with clunge.
The Brit females I saw in Benidorm looked they maybe were dripping, and were on their way to an STD clinic.
The Scandinavian and German ones looked great, but I couldn’t hang around to find out, I had to look for los servicios to barf after being too near the tattooed Brit skanks.
Part of my problem Diddums, is that I couldn’t contemplate a burger and fries, when I know that somewhere near, I can get lobster, steak, or Chilean Sea Bass, so after five minutes in Benidorm, I’d be heading north-west to Albacete.

Soldato
Well we went to some of the smaller fishing villages around the Yorkshire coast last week, then drove over to the lake district for a few days. Had a great time.

Last year went walking through the peak district.

British holidays can be great.

There's more to our country than Blackpool and Skegness.

P.s. I did have a fry up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom