Boris and the burka

Associate
The prophet never claimed to split the moon in half.

I swear the Right as bad as the extreme muslims for mis interpreting the religion.

In terms of criticism, criticise away, but theres a sensible respectful way of debating or criticising, and then theres the offensive way, if you want to engage with 1.6b with a view of changing or challenging them, then dont try and be an arse when conversing with them, which is what the likes of Hebdo have been doing.
Wasn't he challenged by unbelievers, so Allah stepped in to provide Muhammad with a miracle? So yes, I concede that Muhammad didn't do it himself, but this has been pointed out above (thanks @Caracus2k).

It's coming across as though you are in some way implying that those killed at Charlie Hebdo deserved it because they were "being an arse" in the manner of their criticism?

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45207086

Burka, now a handshake!

I have experienced where i work when a Muslim lady would give and receive money with a veil covering her hand. Guess I am too dirty to touch? All rather silly I think.

Read that today, it's wrong, but it's to be expected from Swedistan.

When this happened in France, they rightly told her no and denied her French citizenship. You must assimilate to the culture, not the other way around.

Caporegime
Do people in here just go round insulting everyone all the time? :confused:
No, but I think if Islamophobia is racism then frankly, to me it's the acceptable face of racism.

Frankly I think Islamophobia is quite a rational response, when you look at some of the acts being done in the name of Islam, in 2018. (Hint: not medieval times).

That doesn't mean I condone acts of violence or malevolence towards anyone, Muslim or otherwise. But a tendency towards mistrust of Islam (the whole socio-political-religious system that it is) is understandable; if not downright sensible for those who value Western liberal democracy.

And to reiterate: I don't support nor engage in hostility to muslims. But I think Islam is definitely something to be wary and deeply suspicious of.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Wasn't he challenged by unbelievers, so Allah stepped in to provide Muhammad with a miracle? So yes, I concede that Muhammad didn't do it himself, but this has been pointed out above (thanks @Caracus2k).

It's coming across as though you are in some way implying that those killed at Charlie Hebdo deserved it because they were "being an arse" in the manner of their criticism?

I think your maths is a bit off there, you’ve 64 from 2+2. This is the problem today, people will happily misinterpret stuff to suit their views.

Caporegime
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45207086

Burka, now a handshake!

I have experienced where i work when a Muslim lady would give and receive money with a veil covering her hand. Guess I am too dirty to touch? All rather silly I think.
Funny isn't it.

Non-muslims in muslim countries are not just discriminated against, they are legally and socially 2nd class citizens.

Where is the outrage from British muslims about this? Well, there isn't any, is there?

100% of all the outrage is when muslims in Britain/Europe don't have things entirely their own way, all the time. Or when they get triggered by something inconsequential like Boris's remarks.

Soldato
I think your maths is a bit off there, you’ve 64 from 2+2. This is the problem today, people will happily misinterpret stuff to suit their views.

Misinterpret stuff?

Why don't you be a little clearer yourself and elucidate us as to your views on such things as whether Allah split the moon in two, whether Muhammed took an overnight ride on a winged horse to Jerusalem from the Arabian penisula and whether ridicule of these sorts or beliefs is justified along with ridicule of the claim that the example set by the character of Muhammed, as described in Islam's own texts, is one to be deemed desirable to be followed in the here and now as a moral exemplar?

It easy to throw around accusations of other people misinterpring stuff.... Why don't you actually clarify for is what you believe to be the truth here? Because it doesn't look. Like you have actually clarified what you actually are saying is being misinterpreted by showing us what the apparent 'right' interpretations are?

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure about the maths reference, but I completely agree with your second sentence - every religion interprets its scriptures to suit their agenda, even after contradictions and errors have been pointed out.

Soldato
OP
Funny isn't it.

Non-muslims in muslim countries are not just discriminated against, they are legally and socially 2nd class citizens.

Where is the outrage from British muslims about this? Well, there isn't any, is there?

100% of all the outrage is when muslims in Britain/Europe don't have things entirely their own way, all the time. Or when they get triggered by something inconsequential like Boris's remarks.

Quite true.

If I went to Saudi, i would HAVE to obey their rules.

Caporegime
Quite true.

If I went to Saudi, i would HAVE to obey their rules.
You just have to read some of this stuff...

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Persecution_of_Non-Muslims

...to see how non-muslims are treated in muslim countries.

So it makes me cringe when muslims complain about being "2nd class citizens" in the UK and in the US (which they do, frequently).

Non-muslims are legally 2nd class citizens in muslim countries, and are often beaten, face forced conversions, etc.

Soldato
OP

So it makes me cringe when muslims complain about being "2nd class citizens" in the UK and in the US (which they do, frequently).

Non-muslims are legally 2nd class citizens in muslim countries, and are often beaten, face forced conversions, etc.

That all gets forgotten when it comes to Muslims shouting about so called islamophobia.

I wonder if i could go over to Saudi, open up an off licence?

Associate
That all gets forgotten when it comes to Muslims shouting about so called islamophobia.

I wonder if i could go over to Saudi, open up an off licence?
No you couldn't, just like a Korean couldn't come here and open up a restaurant serving cat or dog, or a Peruvian doing the same and having guinea pig on the menu.

Remember recently when Tesco and other big retailers got into hot water over having horse meat in their products when they were labeled as beef or lamb and the public outcry as a result?

Associate

great source you have there. Really convincing.

Caporegime
great source you have there. Really convincing.
You're an idiot, congrats. For each of those incidents there is cited an independent source.

e: Also it's well-known fact that many islamic countries have various laws enshrining the status of non-muslims as 2nd class citizens.

You could just Google it, but it would upset your SJW sensibilities, no doubt.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.

My comment was in reference to this comment of yours. In no way shape or form did I intend imply that arse or non arse criticism of ones faith excuses the senseless barbaric killing of another human being , I hope that's clear :)

Associate
You're an idiot, congrats. For each of those incidents there is cited an independent source.

e: Also it's well-known fact that many islamic countries have various laws enshrining the status of non-muslims as 2nd class citizens.

You could just Google it, but it would upset your SJW sensibilities, no doubt.
As do many non-Islamic countries. Try going to China and praising the Dalai Lama. Let me know how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom