Fractal Design Define R6

Associate
Changed the layout on my case not sure if I like the V.GPU?

20180728_184349_zpsbfvrybfm.jpg

20180728_184430_zpsnzvdjc9m.jpg

20180728_184437_zps3c704xwv.jpg

Associate
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one of these, but currently using an AIO. The model is the Seidon 3 (Coolermaster) and I've noted that compared to some the two hoses are fairly short. Can anyone confirm they've used this pairing and if the radiator from the AIO would reach the front intakes? I've been toying with going full custom but I've not yet built up all the needed parts so this is a stop gap.

Cheers!

Edit: happy to replace the AIO if anyone has any recommendations that they can confirm will fit :)

Associate
Can you fit in an optical drive when the panel and drive cage is taken out in the alternative layout?

Not without mods since the left 5.25 bracket (looking from the front) would be gone (becomes part of back plate). The entire front plate moves back so there are no front facing screw holes to mount the right side either.

Soldato

Can someone who has the case answer some questions, related to this pic?

Q1: If you slide down the bottom fan to the floor of the case, do the circled holes line up with the fan? With no gap under the fan (unlikely but looks close)
Q2: If you slide the top fan up, removing the optical bay, does it slide behind the USB port panel?
Q3: If Q1 & Q2 work.. whats the gap in between... If its 140mm I will probably **** myself with happiness!!

Caporegime
Can someone answer a question about AIO radiator placement.

The awful manual seems to suggest that in the 'open case' configuration you can only install a 140/280 or 420mm length rad in the top or front.

It seems to suggest a 360 rad would only fit in the standard configuration.

Is this right? I don't have the case yet but am planning my build.

Page 27
https://www.fractal-design.com/media/ea71b7ea-a162-4a7a-bff6-9de5a300ca6e

Edit - Nevermind, solved.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've solved the above issue watching Youtube videos.

I just wanted some advice with airflow now really. I took delivery of the case on Friday and spent 30 minutes converting it to the 'Open internal layout' which was hassle free. Case seems really well built and easy to work with so far.

I'll be installing a 360mm AIO cooler at the top of the case, and I believe that exhausts heat through the RAD in 'pull' (i.e the fans are between the rad and the case, pulling air out)

The case also comes with 2x 140mm intake fans on the front and 1x 140mm exhaust fan on the back.

Is it therefore worth installing another intake fan on the bottom of the case, so there's more cool air coming in? I have a 2080Ti GPU which just dumps heat back in to the case.

Associate
Settled on the Node 804 as a NAS enclosure but it seems to have HDD mounting issues with large capacity drives :rolleyes:

Anyone stuffed the R6 full of HDD's yet?

Keen to hear drive temps; hoping they can remain cool with fans at low(ish) rpm.

Soldato
Settled on the Node 804 as a NAS enclosure but it seems to have HDD mounting issues with large capacity drives :rolleyes:

Anyone stuffed the R6 full of HDD's yet?

Keen to hear drive temps; hoping they can remain cool with fans at low(ish) rpm.

Reddit user liangco has one full of HDDs (look for his posts) I'll be building one myself soonish

Back
Top Bottom