**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
Got the S9+ 2 days ago and rang enjoying it so far, only thing I've found compared to the S6 is that I have to have the brightness on this set a lot higher to be the same as it was on 20% on the S6, even then the clock etc in the notification area look more washed out.

Does everyone with an S9+ use the default resolution? Or is it worth pushing it up to the maximum?

OcUK Staff
Sorry if this has been asked already, but where is the cheapest place to buy a Samsung S9+ right now? I am not fussed on the colour, just need to buy the phone outright, without a SIM. :)

Associate
Got my S9 yesterday and migrated everything from my Z5 compact.

loving it so far. Only gripe I got is I can't seem to find how to enable the Google feed in place of Bixby. I've disabled Bixby completely but would like to see the Google feed when you slight to the most left screen. Anybody know how to do this?

Soldato
Got my S9 yesterday and migrated everything from my Z5 compact.

loving it so far. Only gripe I got is I can't seem to find how to enable the Google feed in place of Bixby. I've disabled Bixby completely but would like to see the Google feed when you slight to the most left screen. Anybody know how to do this?

I'm not sure about that but I've seen a few apps to remap the bixby button so that *might* help a bit? I don't get the left screen as I've swapped launchers.

Soldato
Boo, smashed my screen with a fall of about 1.5m onto carpet :( At least it's insured through nationwide so I'll get to find out whether it's been worth paying £13 a month for that bank account!!!

Soldato
Boo, smashed my screen with a fall of about 1.5m onto carpet :( At least it's insured through nationwide so I'll get to find out whether it's been worth paying £13 a month for that bank account!!!

I bet it hit a corner right?

I managed to crack my cased S8+'s screen for the second time this year doing a barrel roll tripping over my own feet running for a train.. I didn't even drop it it was just in my hand but it clearly took a whack in the corner.

Soldato
I bet it hit a corner right?

That's what I would have expected but it cracked from the middle of the left edge. Quite a bit of damage actually. The whole bottom half of the screen flickered and failed to respond properly to touch afterwards which made resetting the thing as per the insurers request quite tricky.

Associate
Just phoned three aboutupgrading my current Sim only conteact with 8 months left to get an S9.

The offered me the S9 with 30gb of data advanced plan for £35 a month without an upfront cost.

I still had to pay for the remainder of the contract however hey discounted the remainder by 30%, so roughly £78 up front for that. Phone arrives on Wednesday, can’t wait! I am honestly surprised on how good this deal is.

Wife and I have had the same deal they are both being delivered today, need to get a case sorted though before I start using it! We are upgrading from an S7 & S7 Edge

Associate
Wife and I have had the same deal they are both being delivered today, need to get a case sorted though before I start using it! We are upgrading from an S7 & S7 Edge

Got the samsung silicon one. Itspretty good, but detracts from the beauty if the handset.

Helps a lot as it makes it non slippy.

Soldato
Was trying to choose between the pixel 2, op6 and Huawei phones. Never considered the S9 plus, because of the higher cost but saw the 15% off on eBay last week and grabbed a New dual sim one with a nice discount.

Really liking the phone, not had a Samsung since my S2.

One weird issue I am having is every now and again and mp3 track will start playing. Its always the same track and it's only done it about 3 times. If I shake the phone or swipe down the notification bar it stops.
No app seems to be running..very odd.

Back
Top Bottom