Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
Prime is a life saver.
Couldn't be bothered going to the shops. So two boxes of dark fruits, 4 packs of coca cola, and a bottle of wine, all delivered within 2 hours.

Associate
Cancelled my prime this week and given a full refund after being a prime member for years, deliveries delayed, the website showing if you order within xyz time it will be delivered next day, but its started to slip to 2 or 3 days, which isnt what i bought into when signing up.

Also noticed the delivery people are getting more rude and in a hurry, last straw was banging with fists on my front door and window, which is probably a more local issue in my area, but you can see the tight time frames they are trying to keep, the stress the time frames are causing, i can do without it, the royal mail postie is always happy and never any trouble, miles apart from the Amazon delivery staff, or whoever ther are choosing to subcontract to.

Man of Honour
Cancelled my prime this week and given a full refund after being a prime member for years, deliveries delayed, the website showing if you order within xyz time it will be delivered next day, but its started to slip to 2 or 3 days, which isnt what i bought into when signing up.

Noticed a few things slipping to 2-3 days - mostly they are coming from warehouses in Europe though but still tagged as Prime and look like next day until you look in more detail which is a bit annoying but they do atleast make good time for something that is coming that distance - it would be nice if they were more upfront about that though. I've not had too much problem with delayed deliveries though - 99% of the ones despatched from the UK have turned up next day.

Also noticed the delivery people are getting more rude and in a hurry, last straw was banging with fists on my front door and window, which is probably a more local issue in my area, but you can see the tight time frames they are trying to keep, the stress the time frames are causing, i can do without it, the royal mail postie is always happy and never any trouble, miles apart from the Amazon delivery staff, or whoever ther are choosing to subcontract to.

Possibly the warm weather hasn't helped either - I saw one banging on the door across the road from me shouting something about "you have to be in" - started with tapping and ended up with full on hammering the door while ranting. The Amazon Logistics guy that has done the last few deliveries to me has been polite and efficient though - usually get a random person but the last few have all been the same guy.

Soldato
Got to be a local issue that. My delivery guys are usually happy to bring stuff in the house as well. Even had a 2 minute chat with the prime now guy today.

Soldato
I get prime on and off.... never had an issue.

But I did get a delivery of my new PC chair today and stupid thing has armrests so high it doesn't go under keyboard tray on a normal desk....... like who even designs a chair with such high armrests.......

So miffed. Thankfully as it's Amazon so returning it will be a doddle if I package it all back up nicely.

Soldato

The noisy door banging happens here as well.

Also I found with amazon pantry you still have to pay for delivery with prime, no next day delivery, and very wasteful packaging like a large box been used with thick hard to break down cardboard and excessive amounts of air bubble packaging.

Soldato
Amazon have always been guilty of this but I am finding it increasingly frustrating when search for X product that a load of unknown "exclusive to Amazon" brands pop up which have a disproportionate (fake) amount of five star reviews. It makes it very difficult to scan through and find the recognized brands and compare the products you like.

Soldato
I seen today that a small item was on prime but only available as "priority delivery", if you select it, it then gives you a friday delivery date, today is effectively tuesday given the late time so thats 3 working days. The item "IS" in stock.

Then I found this article. It seems the ASA found excessive prime products dont have next day anymore so they wont be allowed to advertise unlimited next day delivery anymore.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...nt-forced-to-remove-next-day-delivery-promise

Soldato

A guy who lives opposite always has stuff delivered and he's always out when they come so they resort to buzzing every single flat in block repeatedly. If they get in the building they bang on all the doors trying to find someone who'll take the parcel off their hands. If you so much as twitch the curtains the'll be back with a vengeance banging on your door. I opened the door on this one guy told him to bugger off and stop banging on the bloody door and slammed it his face. Don't even like the guy opposite much less take all his damn parcels.

The postie is fine never have any trouble with him he'll buzz and when he fails to get a response leave a card and he's done.

Soldato
A guy who lives opposite always has stuff delivered and he's always out when they come so they resort to buzzing every single flat in block repeatedly. If they get in the building they bang on all the doors trying to find someone who'll take the parcel off their hands. If you so much as twitch the curtains the'll be back with a vengeance banging on your door. I opened the door on this one guy told him to bugger off and stop banging on the bloody door and slammed it his face. Don't even like the guy opposite much less take all his damn parcels.

The postie is fine never have any trouble with him he'll buzz and when he fails to get a response leave a card and he's done.
Wouldn't want to leave next to you .. then again I would never live in a flat near other people.

Man of Honour
On Tuesday I ordered a door bell alarm off eBay to be picked up at Argos and today I went to get it.
It was in an Amazon Prime box!!!

How does that work?
I assume the seller only had these boxes to post in!

Soldato
Amazon were castigated for prime this week

The ruling, due out this week, said that Amazon has been told to “make clear that some Prime labelled items were not available to be delivered by the next day”, adding: “The ad must not appear again in its current form.”

so maybe you can claim a refund on membership .. even damages for broken promises to distraught children ,mental trauma.

Associate
You can avoid banging on the door if you get a good, loud and obvious door bell. All they want is to know they alerted the occupants of the house. The issue is people that have dead door bells, place them in hard to spot places, or piddly sounders. So if its a knocker or they don't hear the bell/find it, then they'll just default to banging.

Caporegime
Yep, we get door banging here, despite their being a large knocker on the door.

I have to shout after them sometimes too. It take’s me a while to get to the door due to my disability, but they seem to assume you’re not in if you don’t answer in three seconds flat.

Back
Top Bottom