iphone 7 question

Associate
Hi my son broke the screen on his iphone7 (again) and I thought of replacing it myself this time.
I've replaced a good few screens on the iPhone 4 /4s and 5 before but not the iphone7.
Do you get the whole LCD display that includes the home button, camera etc.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
The parts you can buy vary.

Amazon sells the full units, which consist of the LCD, Touch screen and frame.

You then transfer the earpeiea ribbon and the home button

Be careful with the 7, the connectors are on the right hand side, not the top as with previous generation iPhones.

Also you need a tri point screw driver, the ones supplied with the screens fail after a few screws, so getting a decent set is worth while.

Also you need to disconnect the battery before connecting the new screens connectors, I have had two phones blow screens by not doing so.

If you manage it yourself you have a cheap repair as the screens are around £25 for cheap and £40 for decent.

Oh and you will loose any sort of water resistance, unless you replace the black rubber seal.. which are fiddly as hell.

I've probably repaired 200+ iPhone 7's, so any questions just ask.

Associate
OP
Amazon sells the full units, which consist of the LCD, Touch screen and frame.

Sorry for asking can you share a link for the better screen, thanks for the help.

Thanks Guys for the advice.

OK. I understand it not being water resistance anymore but can I buy that replacement screen with earpiece and the home button included.

Soldato
Sorry for asking can you share a link for the better screen, thanks for the help.

Thanks Guys for the advice.

OK. I understand it not being water resistance anymore but can I buy that replacement screen with earpiece and the home button included.

You can yes, BUT you would need to transfer your original home button to new screen anyway. If you dont, you loose TOUCH ID functionality.

Tbh it's just better to transfer the bits. It requirsr being super careful when levering things up, I would recommend the use of a hair dryer to warm it all up before doing so.

I cannot link due to forum rules.

Here is the Amazon ASIN : B07BGTQSHB

Type that into Amazon it should take you there.

The one I've given already has the earpiece ribbon included with the metal frame so all you need to do is put the home button on. And put it into your phone. Better yet it's a prime seller!

Yes it's £13 more than the basic screen, but these are generally better quality. If they go wrong they normally do within the first few weeks. Which is fine as Amazon will simply refund you within 30 days.

Any more questions, let me know.

Associate
OP
Yes it's £13 more than the basic screen, but these are generally better quality. If they go wrong they normally do within the first few weeks. Which is fine as Amazon will simply refund you within 30 days.

Any more questions, let me know.

Thank you Diagro, I know you can't link me to the Amazon site but is there a cheaper version of the same, my son is sure to need it replaced (again) and a cheaper one would do him just the same. (if you wanted to PM me the link)
If it was for myself, I would go for the better quality one in your post.
I think i could manage changing over the home button.
Thank you.

Soldato
Thank you Diagro, I know you can't link me to the Amazon site but is there a cheaper version of the same, my son is sure to need it replaced (again) and a cheaper one would do him just the same. (if you wanted to PM me the link)
If it was for myself, I would go for the better quality one in your post.
I think i could manage changing over the home button.
Thank you.
The cheaper ones don't have anything.
You would need to move over the ribbon cable at the top aswell as the home button.

Personally I would go with the one I linked. They use the better screens for that listing.

If you think of it like this.. Samsung screens are £100-£200 in parts.

That screen is under £40 hahs

Permabanned
You can yes, BUT you would need to transfer your original home button to new screen anyway. If you dont, you loose TOUCH ID functionality.

The home button can't be replaced on an IP7. Full functionality is lost as the whole button is paired with the logic board.

If OP has damaged the home button too all functionality will be lost including pressing it not just Touch ID.

Soldato
The home button can't be replaced on an IP7. Full functionality is lost as the whole button is paired with the logic board.

If OP has damaged the home button too all functionality will be lost including pressing it not just Touch ID.

I forgot that, thanks for the reminder.same for the 8.

Soldato
You will be okay to link as Feek mentioned Ocuk don't sell replcement screens for phones.

If Ocuk sell it, dont link it :)
I thought it was any site that could potentially sell items that OCUk does?

Now with how Amazon works, and targeted advertising, when I view Amazon I see adverts for items that OCUK does sell. Which would most likely be the same for other members of this forum.

But if you say it's fine, I will go with it in future :)

Back
Top Bottom