Something spilled on keyboard; detachable - how to get it working.

Associate
So I have a huawei matebook e which has a detachable keyboard cover. Probably not a good idea but its my sons laptop (he is 4.3 now and has used it for ~ a year). Well I just checked it yesterday and it appears there are many keys that dont work; Im going to assume this has to do with something he has spilled onto the keyboard.

I've tried restarting and 'blowing' around the keys and neither has helped. I'm going to assume this wasnt someone recent as far as the keyboard not working; because I dont remember anything recent but in the past I do.

There are many keys that dont work and they are not together; I was thinking about trying:
- getting distilled water and really trying to rinse the keyboard with all the keys still attached
and then drying it perhaps with air drying and a hair dryer on light settings.

To be honest I would rather just get a new keyboard from huawei but they appear to not sell any? Now has their customer service helped as far as my issue. Maybe Ill try again but doubt Ill get help.

What do you think about my method as far as cleaning etc? - I'm thinking milk got on the keys or maybe water and what it shorted? then it wont matter or?

Associate
if something has been spilt on it the it probably wont be salvageable you could try taking it apart and cleaning the membrane and the PCB to see if that helps, if not the only option is to get a replacement keyboard. There are plenty of wireless and Bluetooth keyboards on the market that you would be able to use as a replacement so I would look at getting one of them in the meantime

Back
Top Bottom