• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£1050+ now for GTX2080ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Its disgusting in all honesty. Vote with your wallet guys. This isn't a go at OCUK who probably price like every else. Nvidia taking the ****

Disclaimer - This is all my own opinion. Probably an awesome card but seriously... No wonder people turning to consoles. Complete farce PC gaming becoming.

Associate
With no relevant benchmarks!

I was poised to pre-order. But not like this. And WTF is up with Nvidia website pricing? How in the world does $999 become £1099 In the UK?

Soldato
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price, sold up my pc very recently. Might build a cheap 1080p sff build in the future to play my steam library on the TV but for now - I'm out, maybe get a PS4

How much will the 2060 be? £400 maybe £500!? It's crazy

Soldato
With crypto going through a horrible winter, I'm not sure how they expect to sell many cards at this price as it's only really appealing to people who want better fps at 4k

Even at 1440p I'm in a minority compared to the 64% on steam who still game at 1080p and my now old Ti is more than enough for 1440p

Associate
OP
I bought a 8800GTX on pretty much day 1 for £440. I got the 4870x2 at like £325 on Day 1. Ok we have inflation but how has it come to this? There no reason for GTX1070/ti or GTX1080/ti to drop in price. My GTX980ti i bought 2 years ago (already aging technology) for like £325 new still looks easily worth £325 compared to everything else. Was hoping could get similar deal with GTX1080ti but going off this price its not gonna budge.

So disappointing. But alas u dont have to buy it. In all honesty everything i throw at my GTX980ti it handles like a champ at 1440p so why should i care. Mugs will buy regardless. Throw a picture of an apple on it and people would pay £3000 for it.

Associate
I have an EVGA 1080 and was open to perhaps an upgrade on the graphics front should this be a solid improvement.
But at that price, no chance. Amazed.

Will be interested to see some gaming benchmarks, but I can't see any appeal to myself for such a leap.

Soldato
I bought a 8800GTX on pretty much day 1 for £440. I got the 4870x2 at like £325 on Day 1. Ok we have inflation but how has it come to this? There no reason for GTX1070/ti or GTX1080/ti to drop in price. My GTX980ti i bought 2 years ago (already aging technology) for like £325 new still looks easily worth £325 compared to everything else. Was hoping could get similar deal with GTX1080ti but going off this price its not gonna budge.

So disappointing. But alas u dont have to buy it. In all honesty everything i throw at my GTX980ti it handles like a champ at 1440p so why should i care. Mugs will buy regardless. Throw a picture of an apple on it and people would pay £3000 for it.

Stop giving Tim idea's!!!

Don
I think the pricing is just indicative of the fact that were hitting a brick wall now with silicon. Whilst Nvidia could charge you £500 every couple of years for a new top end GPU that offered a substantial performance upgrade, I think now a days we could be seeing these cards being there or thereabout at the top for much much longer.

Associate
I believe the price is horrendous but I reckon it must be this way to shift the massive backlog of 1000 series cards first. Then once they are gone, i think prices will probably drop substantially.

Soldato
hahahha I know it's disgusting mate. Another nail in the coffin of PC gaming

I thought the 1080's were bad enough price wise, especially when released or not on offer but the latest release are just getting ridiculous now. No good chasing the curve I guess, my money atm would be on a 1080Ti which can now be had for just over 600. Still a lot even at that price but I could just about justify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom