• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
You getting one Pal?

I thought I had ruled it out, but then another thought occurred to me: One major reason I didn't buy a Titan in the past was because I didn't want to fit a custom block myself which would void the warranty of such an expensive card. However, if Zotac bring out a 2080ti with a block and a 5 year warranty option then it seems to have "accidentally" solved my issue.

I need to see benchmarks and decide, is the 2080ti the new Titan in terms of performance? That is, will it provide the same % uplift in performance that the Titans have traditionally provided over the previous gen xx80ti's? If so, I could be in. :eek:

Man of Honour
I'm properly excited for ray tracing... can't believe they've already integrated in what are practically launch titles... like BF V, which I'd already preordered a couple of months ago.

Watched bits of the keynote last night, looks great!

They were only running it at about 22fps, I can see people disabling it even at 1080p to get the framerate up and reduce stutter.

Caporegime
I thought I had ruled it out, but then another thought occurred to me: One major reason I didn't buy a Titan in the past was because I didn't want to fit a custom block myself which would void the warranty of such an expensive card. However, if Zotac bring out a 2080ti with a block and a 5 year warranty option then it seems to have "accidentally" solved my issue.

I need to see benchmarks and decide, is the 2080ti the new Titan in terms of performance? That is, will it provide the same % uplift in performance that the Titans have traditionally provided over the previous gen xx80ti's? If so, I could be in. :eek:
You can always pre-order and cancel if it doesn't give what you expected but I see your point. I will be disappointed if the gains are tiny but at the same time, I am a big RayTacing fan, so as long as I get to see that in games, happy days :)

Permabanned

Going by the basic stats... it looks like it will only be ~20% faster in normal scenarios.

It's raytracing where the new cards will make such a big difference.

I think we'll see a new titan or ultra card with 5120 shaders or close in the next 6-9 months.

Soldato
You can always pre-order and cancel if it doesn't give what you expected but I see your point. I will be disappointed if the gains are tiny but at the same time, I am a big RayTacing fan, so as long as I get to see that in games, happy days :)

There's no Zotac H2O cards available yet, mate. And yea, we all have our reasons. Personally, I'm completely disregarding the RayTracing aspect of it... I want to see actual FPS figures for current games as that's going to be a like for like comparison with my 1080ti.

Soldato
Going by the basic stats... it looks like it will only be ~20% faster in normal scenarios.

It's raytracing where the new cards will make such a big difference.

I think we'll see a new titan or ultra card with 5120 shaders or close in the next 6-9 months.

If that's the case, then the 2080 will be less performance than a 1080ti? If so, I just couldn't justify it... minimal gains for maximum price. :(

Soldato
No, there too many reasons really. Overpriced, lack of performance upgrade to last lineup, too much power for the new system, massive in size and I want to go SFF. Will hold of till the next GPU's and go from there. Disappointed overall tbh.

Caporegime
Looking forward to the review.:)

Hope you have got plenty of room in your case as the card looks to have a huge cooler.:)
Not sure I will be doing a review or if I do, it might just be a written one, as time isn't on my side so much lately. I spend more time out Kayaking this time of year and not so much gaming but I will see how time is.

Associate
Not sure I will be doing a review or if I do, it might just be a written one, as time isn't on my side so much lately. I spend more time out Kayaking this time of year and not so much gaming but I will see how time is.

Well you can always send one send one to one of us and we will do the review for you we promise to return it at some point ;)

Associate
I ordered a the Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Windforce X3 OC 11GB card :cool: ... I will order a 2nd one when release comes and performance numbers are up and if it looks good.

I was considering the nVidia F.E card but that cooler reminded me too much of ->
jtaoes.jpg

2py8581.jpg

Back
Top Bottom