Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Soldato
thanks you for the info.

I'm running 4x8GB sticks so still 4 slots free.

I'll test each stick over the next few nights at stock speed for any errors (don't think there is) ... than will try again at 3000Mhz.

cheers

I think the quickest way to solve this issue, is you know it's not stable at DOCP settings, so leave DOCP enabled and just decrease the clock speed down a notch to 3133Mhz.

That should do it. If not, go down another notch in clock speed.

If your still having issues even with a reduced clockspeed, then you might have a bad ram module and then you can spend time to test the modules individually.

Associate
I think the quickest way to solve this issue, is you know it's not stable at DOCP settings, so leave DOCP enabled and just decrease the clock speed down a notch to 3133Mhz.

That should do it. If not, go down another notch in clock speed.

If your still having issues even with a reduced clockspeed, then you might have a bad ram module and then you can spend time to test the modules individually.

True mate, I've already tried 3000Mhz and system still felt sluggish but no stresst test was ran.

I've not got much to do the next few nights so will just test each stick and get it over and done with.

Associate
Have tested each stick, approx 15 hours each and 0 errors ... Tested in Quad channel @ stock again 15 hours and 0 errors.

Doing as you said opethdisciple, I started at 3000Mhz 2 errors within 30 mins so lowered the frequency and still the same until I got down to 2600Mhz ... I've only ran HCI for 1 hour but no errors

Dual Channel I started getting errors for anything over 2800Mhz.

Do you think it is worth buying another mobo to test?

My main use is video editing/rendering ... only 1080p atm but will soon be 4k.

Associate
Twice now i've bought these and not just plug and play, once for my 1700 on a rog strix b350 and now my 2700x on a rog strix x470-f both crash on d.o.c.p tried many bios'. just had to run both on 3133 only thing that would make them stable. Feels abit sour when your mate buys hynix corsair and gets 3200 without evening knowing what xmp is.

OcUK Staff
Clearly unlucky with IMCs infinity fabric I tried on both those boards working fine with 10 kits.... We sold 2500+ of this kit now and very very few issues with the memory sticks themselves. Almost zero percent.... Did you try 2T command rate and tuning Proc ODT??? These may help also tune DRAM voltage and SOC voltage........

Soldato
It's not the sticks it's the platform. AM4/TR4 whatever you want to call it is just a dog when it comes to memory support.

It's still the Achilles heel of the platform.

The fact that individually the sticks are fine speaks volumes.

Soldato
It has nothing to do with the SKU, you still don’t seem to understand. I can say with absolute certainty it is not the DIMM slots. Memory is binned in the CAPACITY it is sold in. If the slots are able to function at JEDEC then there is nothing wrong with them. Simply buy a singular kit and you limit the struggle you’re facing. Even then, nothing is certain, it’s possible the rules still need some work on those boards. 3400-3600 ratios can be troublesome this gen, where as 4000 is quite strong.

Read here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...e-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-overview

Did you read when I said with a single kit (1 pair) in the other 2 slots it wont run at over 3000mhz.

Asrock also told me officially now they dont support full speeds in those 2 slots.

The reason this problem isnt really known about is hardly anyone runs with 4 dimms, it seems really really rare, and on top of that we have this about matching dimms so it makes people assume its due to mismatching kits.

I can put this to bed very soon tho as I have a 4 stick kit my friend is lending me to test for sure its the slots, I am 99% confident it is given asrock's reply and my test but this will put to bed, its very expensive ram a 4 dimm 3866 kit. So should easily handle 3200mhz.

Soldato
Did you read when I said with a single kit (1 pair) in the other 2 slots it wont run at over 3000mhz.

Asrock also told me officially now they dont support full speeds in those 2 slots.

The reason this problem isnt really known about is hardly anyone runs with 4 dimms, it seems really really rare, and on top of that we have this about matching dimms so it makes people assume its due to mismatching kits.

I can put this to bed very soon tho as I have a 4 stick kit my friend is lending me to test for sure its the slots, I am 99% confident it is given asrock's reply and my test but this will put to bed, its very expensive ram a 4 dimm 3866 kit. So should easily handle 3200mhz.

Do the DIMM slots work at JEDEC speeds? (2133)
If yes, then the DIMM slots are not faulty. The board *design* on the other hand which has a daisy-chain DRAM topology might be bad, but in that case you just need to buy a board that is better equipped for memory overclocking. The IMC also will have a large impact here.

Also nobody is assuming you're "mismatching kits". You shouldn't try to match kits period, regardless (unless you know how to dial out instability yourself).

Associate
Clearly unlucky with IMCs infinity fabric I tried on both those boards working fine with 10 kits.... We sold 2500+ of this kit now and very very few issues with the memory sticks themselves. Almost zero percent.... Did you try 2T command rate and tuning Proc ODT??? These may help also tune DRAM voltage and SOC voltage........

yes think that is the issue for me, have tried all the above along with running each stick on there own @ 3200Mhz and work perfect.

I've now got my set stable @3200Mhz in quad channel but had to loosen the timings a little (14-15-15-31, 1.08 SOC, 1.4v) ... 16 hour HCI pass 0 errors.

Associate
Junk IMC infinity fabric on your chips then...... Make up for it clock em higher......!!!!

3333Mhz passed 4 hours with 0 errros so have adjusted the timing a little more (14-15-15-30 lowered the trfc to 400) and increased clock speed to 3400Mhz so far passed 2 hours HCI but will leave overnight.

Soldato
Do the DIMM slots work at JEDEC speeds? (2133)
If yes, then the DIMM slots are not faulty. The board *design* on the other hand which has a daisy-chain DRAM topology might be bad, but in that case you just need to buy a board that is better equipped for memory overclocking. The IMC also will have a large impact here.

Also nobody is assuming you're "mismatching kits". You shouldn't try to match kits period, regardless (unless you know how to dial out instability yourself).

Yes by design they said only the first 2 dimm slots will run at XMP speeds, other 2 slots are only rated for JEDEC. Other boards like from ASUS may be different, but this is how it is for my board.

I will be trying the 4 dimm set later on, I have them here now, they have already been used in another system as well so known to be a good set.

If you google it as well you will see other asrock board owners with same issue, the secondary dimm slots having issues at high speeds but as soon as ram switched to the primary it works fine.

Soldato
@Silent_Scone yeah the 4 dimm kit is the same, caps at 3000 if stability is required, whether its just in the 2 secondary dimms or the entire kit. But if I just put 2 of them in the primary slots they run at XMP speed.

Soldato
@Silent_Scone yeah the 4 dimm kit is the same, caps at 3000 if stability is required, whether its just in the 2 secondary dimms or the entire kit. But if I just put 2 of them in the primary slots they run at XMP speed.

Could well be on the firmware side, too. Either way 4 DIMM kits are always better / easier to work with on ASUS boards due to the T-Top layout

Soldato
I mean seriously for intel 8700k is it best to go with high mhz and looser timings or 3200mhz with T1 and super tight
surely you would loose loads of band with going low mhz speeds.

Associate
Has anyone had any issues using this memory in the Asus Crosshair 7 motherboard?

I’ve recently upgraded from a Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI motherboard to a Crosshair 7. The memory ran perfectly at 3200mhz in the Gigabyte motherboard without any tweaks (only had to set the memory profile to XMP).

With the Crosshair 7, it refuses to boot at 3000 and is unstable at 2933. I’ve set the memory voltage to 1.4 and I’ve tried going up to 16-16-16-16-36 but it will not post at 3000.

Setting it to 2T allows me to post at 2933 but is unstable.

It seems to run fine at 2800 (currently running Memtest without any errors).

Everything is the same apart from the motherboard.

CPU is a 2700X

Running the latest bios.

Update

After having a closer look at the motherboard I noticed that it said Primary against DIMM_A2 & DIMM_B2. As soon as I moved the memory from A1/B1 into A2/B2 its now running at 3200 with the default profile. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone had any issues using this memory in the Asus Crosshair 7 motherboard?

I’ve recently upgraded from a Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI motherboard to a Crosshair 7. The memory ran perfectly at 3200mhz in the Gigabyte motherboard without any tweaks (only had to set the memory profile to XMP).

With the Crosshair 7, it refuses to boot at 3000 and is unstable at 2933. I’ve set the memory voltage to 1.4 and I’ve tried going up to 16-16-16-16-36 but it will not post at 3000.

Setting it to 2T allows me to post at 2933 but is unstable.

It seems to run fine at 2800 (currently running Memtest without any errors).

Everything is the same apart from the motherboard.

CPU is a 2700X

Running the latest bios.
I have the same board and CPU as you, I just changed to use the xmp profile and it worked fine. I have not changed any ram timings or anything and runs at 3200. Recently bought ram.

Associate
In task manager my Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit is running at 2400 MHz. Any idea how I can diagnose why?

Cheers

PS I bought the bundle from OC.uk

Goods Shipped:
£0.00 x 1 - AMD Promo Bundle - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Gigabyte X370-Gaming K7, Team Group RAM *FREE 480GB SSD*
£124.99 x 1 - Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 AMD X370 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
£249.99 x 1 - AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700X 4.35GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
£174.99 x 1 - Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/
£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH BU-01G-AM: TeamGroup 480GB L5 Lite SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive

Back
Top Bottom