• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ray Tracing - Do we care?

Ray Tracing - Do you care?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Not sure if this has been posted but a good information vid and explains a bit about what RT is and the issues it has and the pluses it has.

However, it all depends how many rays per pixel you do.

Apparently Vega & Pascal TX can do 4.88Grays at 1 ray per pixel maintaining 4K 60fps. (bit more fps on the TXp).
Then are variations depending the hardware. You can do 2 rays per pixel at 10Grays at 4K 60fps.
But do not expect Star Wars video quality here.

And can do 200 rays per pixel at 1080p 24fps and the image quality is the one from the Star Wars and other videos.....

That is why on the gaming Turing presentation Jensen didn't mentioned anything about Rays Per Pixel, like he did on the RTX8000 presentation who clearly said 200 rays per pixel.

Caporegime
With DVI-to-HDMI adapter connection it works. At least with my Panasonic 4K TV.
Yes, 8400M GS.
Hmmmm, not much I can help with there then sorry, as it is such an old machine and the last GPU update was 2010 :(

I also tend not to use a laptop as colour representation either and find my Asus PG348Q looks amazing when I put +63 on digital vibrance and +2 on Hue.

Soldato
Why am I all of sudden getting visions of Austin Powers?? :p

24bda1f0f7a0b5d1c33506fd5e85edd2.jpg

:D

Man of Honour
All about the hype train. 1) DLSS wont help current titles, 2) who uses AA at 4k?

Remains to be seen if it can be strapped over older titles FXAA style or not - I get the impression at the moment atleast it needs the developers to do some coding but as above some older stuff is getting support for it.

Like JediFragger I use a small amount at 4K - unless you have a very small physical screen at 4K jagged edges are still noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom