• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
So am I right in believing that the 2080 is going to cost north of £700 (Been camping in Cornwall with little or no signal, so only getting snippets of info when I can). If so then Nvidia seem to have pulled the same trick as the last generation. Now they are getting people to pay top-tier Pascal prices for mid-tier Turing chips. I also see quite a few blaming AMD for no competition in the high-end area. AMD are doing what they need to do in the mid-tier and CPU markets to get back on an even keel. Nvidia are being greedy while they have the largest share of the graphics market....no doubt they don't need to go that far, but they have done anyway. Don't blame AMD for that. On another note, Nvidia seem to have massively increased chip sizes this time around....does this mean that they are running out of room for pushing the speeds of chips with the current technology and the only way to make Turing faster than Pascal is to increase the chip size? Benchmarks against the 1080ti are going to be interesting when comparing regular gaming speeds, that's for sure. Also Nvidia seem to be releasing the Turing 2080Ti at the same time as the 2080, which is not what they usually do. Does this mean they are releasing on 7nm within 12 months or does it mean that the 2080ti isn't going to be much faster than the 2080 this time around? My apologies for so many questions, especially if they have already been discussed, but been out of tech knowledge with crap signal as mentioned earlier.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I had £900 ready to go for the 2080ti on the launch evening, if that isn’t an enthusiast budget then I don’t know what is... so I walked away

£1K here. Thought I’d be able to pick a decent AIB card but since the prices were revealed I’ve decided not to buy.

Rocksteady 4K@60 will have to wait a while longer.

Sure I could spend more but I’ve not been priced out of PC gaming, Nvidia are pricing themselves out of PC gaming.

Associate
I usually change GPU every year but the pricing on these is insane, plus a monitor that can actually benefit from using one ends up a £4k no-go.

1080Ti+UW for the foreseeable future for me until they start churning out monitors that can take advantage of better spec'd GPU's at realistic prices.

I'm sure there'll still be plenty of orders but surely they'll miss a boat load of sales from card hoppers like myself.

Caporegime
I don’t get why people are buying this? Must be epeen surely.

It’s a hobby and some people have more surplus cash than others? You do get the odd moron who spends a months salary on one but if you’re bringing in 4K a month, no kids and little outgoings then it’s a little different. You can bang on about morals and ethics but most of us overspend or give money to companies we shouldn’t. It’d be boring living life on frugal mode anyway. FYI I’m not buying any of these new cards so it’s not me trying to justify it.

At the end of the day unless someone’s mentioned it in their post history you have no idea how much money they have/earn/won. This forum seems to have a good deal of middle class and upper members and a 2080ti purchase for some is the equivalent of others buying a £200 card.

Back
Top Bottom