• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Permabanned
Uh, no AAA game I have at maxed settings drops below 60 FPS on my OC'd Titan V.

That's interesting because almost all AAA games on an overclocked GTX1080Ti at 4K struggle, even 1440p is too much in many games

You must have one those super dooper versions that's 300% faster.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ultrawide versions of 4K have been in the prototype stage for a while and should be hitting the market as soon as GPUs and cables that can handle the res become commonplace :)

NB: Some manufacturers are calling them ultrawide 5K (as the 4K name is based off the resolution width not height), should really be ultrawide 2160 IMO in keeping with the current ultrawide 0180/1440 lineu, but me.

This is LG's first one: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34WK95U-W-ultrawide-monitor
Looks good. Personally I would like to see a gaming OLED monitor, but if that does not happen in the next 2-3 years I may upgrade to something like that. Currently very happy with what I have so no rush :)

@Vega Do you still have you your Dell OLED? How has it been going? Any screen burn? have you used it for any gaming?

Permabanned
What games make a 1080ti struggle at 1440p?

I'm referring to a stable 60fps just to be clear with max settings and no annoying dips.

I don't really have time to compile a list for you

But from memory these were not great.

No Mans Sky, Ark, Subnautica, Ghost Recon Wild Lands, Deus Ex Man Kind.

Soldato
Nah, I've tried 4k. It's lush. But I couldnt run it acceptably on my 1080. I'm looking forward to it in the future though. I really like it, it's just so pretty.

as for 8K and above, we definately don't need that. Most desks are only suitable for ~32/34" monitor max. At which anything above 4K is not noticeable.

Lush, really? lol :D

I've had 40" 4K on VA, and it does impress. I tend to play a lot of competitive shooters, though. 27" at 4K is just daft, it really is.

Associate
When I was in the army, sometimes I would be the duty pilot. After doing the evenings safety & flight briefing at the start of the night I was basically there in case anything bad happened ie nothing to do

I used to take my computer into the "cinema" briefing room and play doom, far cry etc on a full cinema screen with surround sound

freaking awesome *grin*

thanks taxpayers :D

Soldato
If the screen is so large in front of you that you have to move your head around while gaming is bad IMO.

Exactly, depends how casual you're ok with being, I guess. If you play a lot of first-person games it's absolutely detrimental to how well you play. Ideally, you want two monitors for the best of both worlds. Little point gawking over the incredible visuals if you're getting your arse handed to you lol.

Associate
I have a 43" 4K Dell Monitor on my desk, and im going to swap it for a 34" Curved 4K Monitor, 43" is just far too big, i get neck ache from using it, and my eyes have deteriorated at an alarming rate since using it lol, i have pushed it quite far back as well but its just too big.

Back
Top Bottom