• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
TuringVsPascal_EditorsDay_Aug22_2.png

There been this image from Nvidia claiming these will be up to 2x faster. Hmm, yeah okay then.

TuringVsPascal_EditorsDay_Aug22.png

And this claim on a 2080, doesn't say if at max settings or anything but 4K HDR hmmm. Will be interesting to see how close those numbers are compared to review in a few weeks when the drop.

Associate
I just can't get my head round that! I have a 27" Monitor and sit approx. two feet away and the monitor fits perfectly into my field of view meaning I don't have to move my head around.

I can't imagine trying to game on a larger screen!

Permabanned
I just can't get my head round that! I have a 27" Monitor and sit approx. two feet away and the monitor fits perfectly into my field of view meaning I don't have to move my head around.

Thought the same until I went to a 32" and still OK. Think that's the limit for me though and can just about take it all in without having to move my head.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So you think 4K would look good on a 10" screen too?

He's spot on. 4K on lower screen sizes is pointless.

Too much of anything is daft. Drink 15 pints of milk in one go and see how good you look. lol

Who uses a 10” monitor? Also yes, high PPI is a good thing imo. Surprised anyone disagrees with this on a graphics card forum tbh.

Maybe you guys cannot see the difference or appreciate it, but I can. To call it daft and make pointless comparisons is just silly.

Caporegime

Until you get a 34" Ultrawide. I would hate having to go back to a normal monitor now and it just looks so sweet in game.

Associate
Looks good. Personally I would like to see a gaming OLED monitor, but if that does not happen in the next 2-3 years I may upgrade to something like that. Currently very happy with what I have so no rush :)

@Vega Do you still have you your Dell OLED? How has it been going? Any screen burn? have you used it for any gaming?

No, but I wish I would have kept it. OLED 4k at 30" is pretty sweet. I was more enamored by 55" 4K OLED TV at the time for "immersion" reasons, but a proper desktop size monitor still has its place.

I've tested tons and tons of displays, 30-32" 4K IMO is the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Associate
Who uses a 10” monitor? Also yes, high PPI is a good thing imo. Surprised anyone disagrees with this on a graphics card forum tbh.

Maybe you guys cannot see the difference or appreciate it, but I can. To call it daft and make pointless comparisons is just silly.
I think it's like anything new really.

People without G-Sync say it's pointless, a waste of money but I couldn't play without it now.

Soldato
Until you get a 34" Ultrawide. I would hate having to go back to a normal monitor now and it just looks so sweet in game.

I have played on my mates and really liked it. Still went for a 4k IPS HDR Freesync as i watch a lot of media and play my ps4 pro on it as well. Thought the ultra wide would probably give me a few headaches with the pro. Couldn't be happier with the new monitor though coming from a 1200p old TN, night and day difference. This is a good reason to not upgrade much lol as everything i bought feels so much better :D:D:D:D:D.

Soldato
Depends on the game, for me. I liked playing TW on an UW the time I got to try it out - very cinematic feel to it. But I hated it for first person games. Guessing that was down to it being so far from our natural field of view.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've tested tons and tons of displays, 30-32" 4K IMO is the sweet spot.

I would agree if your goal is to keep 100% desktop scaling, if not then higher PPI is obviously better.

Luckily windows 10 has improved scaling a lot in the past couple of updates so I personally have no issues there. There are issues in older games that do not have the option to scale the UI, but with my library of games that I play, it has not been a big issue.

I think it's like anything new really.

People without G-Sync say it's pointless, a waste of money but I couldn't play without it now.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom