Asus ROG PSUs with digital readout, any news on release?

Associate
I saw an asus booth displaying some of their new ROG psus, i'm not sure on the original manufacturer but they look absolutely awesome, they have a digital wattage readout on the side (something very handy and innovative that i have never seen before) and also has the new standard rgb features.
Since seeing them a couple of months back, ive heard no more news about them at all, has anyone else seen Asus' recent attempt at a psu? and does anyone have anymore news on potential release dates etc?

Associate
OP
I agree if they go too expensive for them, they probably wont sell as well as they intend, however, without the extra bits and bobs and wiring etc, it really is a stunning looking psu. That handy wattage draw indication of the side panel really does set it off without the need or added hassle, wiring or space extra.

The psus are made by someone pretty decent but I cant remember who it was (delta, superflower or seasonic perhaps?). They are decent platinum efficient psus with high end jap caps throughout I imagine.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It would seem to be a modified Seasonic Prime Platinum going by this article on Tom's Hardware. As the Seasonic Prime Platinum is already around £240, by the time they add on the RGB rubbish, individually sleeved cables, enhanced heatsinks, OLED screen and ROG tax I will be surprised if the 1200w will come in at much under £400. A lot of the decent cases have the psu hidden away behind a shroud or in it's own compartment these days do who are they targetting with these units? I have live power draw on my fan controller which cost me £24 a few years ago and you can get plug in power meters for around £12 so no need to spend a small fortune on a psu with unnecessary extra's added to it.

Associate
There's no need for a nice case, RGB lighting or other cosmetic things but it's all the rage now so there's arguably a market for it. These kind of products aren't intended for the masses, like expensive cars, watches and what not :)

Associate
Yeah I saw it a couple of days ago as well 'rog thor' i think theyre seasonic platinum from the sources ive read 10 year warranty on the psu and 3 year on the RGB and display.
yeah looks good the price isn't as much as I thought but still very expensive :D

Associate
This PSU is an epic design failure. Only works in Open Table (Benchtable) Configurations or like 10% of modern computer cases out there. Most cases nowadays do have a psu shroud only some of which have ventilation holes. Almost all cases have separate ventilation holes on the bottom for the PSU to intake fresh air from the bottom of the case. literally 100% of the other PSUs are designed with that in mind. Even if you have no PSU shroud and place the PSU with the fan facing upwards, the PSU would fight with other hardware components like the GPU for fresh air. I really don't get it what they have done here...

Solutions:
- Just design the PSU so that the fan is on the bottom when the display is visible
- Second screen on the other side of the PSU

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom