Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2018, Spa - Race 13/21

Rate the 2018 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
To be honest, if it is dry i reckon Vettel may win. The Ferrari looked faster than the Merc around here in the dry.

Should be a good race with the Force Indias 3rd and 4th.

Looked really close in Q1and Q2 between the Ferrari and Mercedes being split by 0.052. regardless, it will be a great race.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
What a great result for Force India, just goes to show how changeable weather can spice things up.

Monster lap from Hamilton.

Caporegime
Vettel and Max, the rain kings! ;)

It sounds like RBR didn't fuel them so they had to come in and didn't have time to get back out. Max was faster than Hamilton until later in qualifying though obviously Ham had more fuel in.

RBR and Ferrari for Kimi screwing up tactics and underfueling.

Though this does bring into question where at a different track they could have come in for fuel and gone back out but because Spa is so long and it was slower in the rain, there wasn't time to.

I think Qualifying needs to change to keep people on track and keep it exciting. Monaco say might be 10 mins in Q3, another track 12 minutes, Spa 16 minutes.

I did think wtf were Ferrari doing with Vettel and Mercedes with Ham pushing them into the garage rather than sending them out while it's not too wet yet. I got that completely wrong as that decision is what got them 1st and 2nd, and for FI the same decision got them 3rd and 4th.

Associate
rain ruined qualifying again...

I don't understand this logic. You what you are indirectly saying is Seb needs the perfect condiitons and the perfect car otherwise he is no good.

I guarantee you that had the Ferrari been a dog of a car in the dry but awesome in the wet and Quali had stayed dry you would have said the sun ruined qualifying again.

I feel for Kimi he would maybe have snatched pole from Lewis today.

Soldato
I don't understand this logic. You what you are indirectly saying is Seb needs the perfect conditions and the perfect car otherwise he is no good.

I guarantee you that had the Ferrari been a dog of a car in the dry but awesome in the wet and Quali had stayed dry you would have said the sun ruined qualifying again.

I feel for Kimi he would maybe have snatched pole from Lewis today.

lol

what about red bull?

Soldato
rain ruined qualifying again...
Vettel would have been second best whatever happened. With the rain, Hamilton again showed his class and put Vettel in a distant second. Had it been dry I reckon Kimi had a very good chance of taking pole as Vettel has been missing a tenth or two to him all weekend.

I still reckon the race is still Ferrari's to lose, though. They've had the upper hand on pace since FP1. It'll just come down to who can best manage fuel and tyres over the race distance - assuming it's a dry race.

Permabanned
Hamilton with another flukey pole. Vettel had it in his pocket before rain fell. Merc lucky to have chanced in to a better car design for wet. Vettel just as good as Ham in wet if not better. Didn't his overtake Brazil 2008 in rain almost cost Ham his championship? Ham had much better car also by seconds per lap.

Associate
lol

what about red bull?

What about Red Bull? Red Bull are no where in dry at Spa due to their power deficit.

Your post was you moaning because Seb is pants in the wet and you needed it to be dry for him to take pole right? If I am wrong can you explain what you mean by "rain ruined quali"? If lol is your best reply then lets just leave the conversation as it is.

Man of Honour
Amazing lap when you watch it on board. At any point that could have been in the barriers. Every corner I am expecting him to come off, but he just hangs on.

Hamilton with another flukey pole. Vettel had it in his pocket before rain fell. Merc lucky to have chanced in to a better car design for wet. Vettel just as good as Ham in wet if not better. Didn't his overtake Brazil 2008 in rain almost cost Ham his championship? Ham had much better car also by seconds per lap.

Nice trolling. This must be sarcasm surely?

Back
Top Bottom