****The Official Mountain Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
knWA6YiL6AlsLJZPQOuSSUD-f4qIJlN4T6LPuSX9muwHxxvXfqS0CkfQQjpY3igWVTtWcPVFzCc8v4Ewhln2mitBKDJM-1knO1cghoWiQGFUA489nFpoJWn2GgJK6JTYvAMXqf_ZXl5l0Fi2nc1HjkIFMK1ApVQcAVO6B2_DbNYRXHEMgw1zujHYWKTLEYOdQiHhtMKAA-kOvR7MsruMidmJlgbjExQy9srxh7y2NjuPaNAAlfDD-pm59oMrfI1OYKUeEbWcK3YK8leiQg7R9Aa2oFxpz3D1-CmQ3lCtd7-36ycR4VXtKB_7FYzry89gI_gD7MRGkuCJlg3hGkEyeM6Eg7IJhQvSd69NEtpd9Pd4h5KNVvaH-T0wTI0RHH7TC9zpo3liXElf7vpUPTii69Ee-uM557LE0TtUUesFj2j-uu2LrJd7qR9ij0AA8RCkHg_H8tfvNne9OCVWfqwymNHsS2G_Z3drLR5LPqcYfJFUV-rFvzVxTYIpLD1V0ezMMAbGZAhwC2LNxcZrjP6bgGZt-VEEcmJHRco61X4STMnj6DlMuZBcYZjr7sYYNtTj75gtm9yFAydGqhVxsXTXnS82L0fSInId2s8PaH4n-KsLgIJdATaI33rIQzYKjZ3ZCNe4M0t7vfbp6yYH7s_LnbEOXUnawSAZ4YLWO1Sze0oOytJAqThtfIMj=w1299-h974-no

Soldato
Sexy Boardman, also found upside down for ages trying to change a puncture :p

One from our trip to Glen Coe a few weeks ago. Didn't get a pic of both of our bikes together.

AFDAAmR.jpg

Associate
What a lovely view. I need to ride more of Wales. Normally end up doing north or south and not much in the middle.

probably how you've written it/ i've read it but i assume you know helvellyn isn't in wales.

only been up there once this year, infact with racing enduro's and working on the house not had many big mountain rides this year.

Soldato
probably how you've written it/ i've read it but i assume you know helvellyn isn't in wales.

only been up there once this year, infact with racing enduro's and working on the house not had many big mountain rides this year.

Reading it back again it does sound that way but i meant Wales is the closest place for decent trails for me.

Associate
living in the lakes with everything we have here i've never got round to riding in wales apart from an enduro race at llangollen earlier this month, would like to at sometime as there is meant to be plenty of good riding there.

Soldato
Wales. Bloody luvvely isn't it!

From the fire road link road between W2 and Y wal at Afan.

And another from the top of the Y Wal climb.

That was over the bank holiday weekend, I did 50 miles and 10,000ft of descending - Cwmcarn Twrch, Afan W2 and BPW uplift day.

Soldato
Big weekend! How was it? What was the highlights?
Cwmcarn twrch climb - in a bad way, it was brutal, both steep and very technical, ended up walking a good part of it.

Afan - awesome. The first and second time I've ever experienced arm pump! The whites level descent is brilliant, it feels like you've been transported to Canada for bits of it. The climbs at Afan were both hard, whites climb especially but not as bad as Cwmcarn.

BPW was as expected, I needed the uplift after the previous 2 days. I did all the blues and one red (wibbly wobbly), the blues are brilliant and if I was fresher I would have taken on more red trails.

Afan was the highlight, the W2 trail is a bit of a beast but well worth it for a full day's riding (took me 7hrs total with 1hr 10 mins for lunch and a dip in the extremely cold river!).

We just don't have those sorts of trails here, we have short steep ones and technical ones but nothing as long and as rocky as Wales, so I've got some fitness goals for the future :D

Back
Top Bottom