User portal?

Soldato
Hi all

I'm not sure exactly what I'm after or even if it's out there. The goal is that I can have a web portal that users can open when they VPN in, like a clientless SSL VPN portal splash page available on some firewall vendors. When they log in they can be presented with URL links, short cuts to SMB shares (ideally browsing integrated into the page), launch icons for SSH or RDP etc.

Doesn't need to be fancy, its non-commercial use and will have maybe 4 - 5 users tops. I'm not a developer so writing something myself would be garbage and miss all the basic features needed like permissions etc.

Any ideasa if something like this exists?

- GP

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the idea, however its more of a user-side portal that I need rather than admin. Usage example would be for my mum to open the web page and then have a couple of links to website on, a button the clock to navigate an SMB share, click another button it launches an RDP/VNC window etc.

- GP

Soldato
A couple of years ago, I wrote a simple website using python-flask website than ran on boot (when systemd was all new and shiny) for a "how to use a computer" class.

One of the issues you may have is that, in some cases, mounting a SMB share required elevated privileges. Getting that to work may be difficult.

If you need help, just ask and we'll work on this together.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nextcloud, a fork of owncloud which is more actively developed, has a bunch of apps that you can add on that might fit your needs.

Back
Top Bottom